Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

Hello all,

I would like to purchase a firearm, but before I do I want to make sure I'm not breaking the law. I was 302'd several years ago. I ended up getting an evaluation and released and deemed a non-threat. Not too long later I voluntarily put myself in a psychiatric hospital for 5 days and again was released as a non-threat. I went attempted to purchase a firearm and they did a background check. Said I passed with flying colors, but then I changed my mind and didn't purchase the firearm, just to be safe. So am I breaking the law if I do purchase one? Thanks in advance.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

You're about to get 2 dozen responses saying that you should contact a lawyer. This is a case they're right.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

Quote Originally Posted by steve_010 View Post
    You're about to get 2 dozen responses saying that you should contact a lawyer.
    And at least a few suggesting you're a troll. I will withhold judgment for now.

If you very recently passed PICS you should be fine. Then again the way the PSP are evaluating mental commitments these days is increasingly confusing. So paying a small fee to an attorney to research your history may be the safest route.

BTW:
    I doubt they said you passed with flying colors. You pass or you don't with no explanation one way or the other.

So what did it cost you not purchase the firearm?

(Bucks County)

Hmmmmm..........So you didn't think you were eligible, went to a gunshop and picked out a firearm, filled out the paperwork (and lied on the form), and when you were cleared changed your mind? Sounds suspicious.

Good thing because with a 302 you will NEVER be able to purchase a firearm. Sorry...........

Just hope the PSP does not realize their mistake. You committed a crime.

Someone fell into the Pit !

(Delaware County)

Seems a little suspect.

Committed, but not deemed a threat. Only later to commit oneself and not be deemed a threat again. You know whether or not you are a threat. Do you consider yourself a threat?

(Philadelphia County)

No I'm not a threat. I'm not going into detail but I didnt put myself in because I thought I was a threat. I have a clean record no previous crime. No history of violence.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    If you very recently passed PICS you should be fine. Then again the way the PSP are evaluating mental commitments these days is increasingly confusing. So paying a small fee to an attorney to research your history may be the safest route.

BTW:
    I doubt they said you passed with flying colors. You pass or you don't with no explanation one way or the other.

So what did it cost you not purchase the firearm?
    $25

And dude thats what he said. I'm 100% sure. Whether he said it on merit i will not claim, but that is what he said.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by georgey215 View Post
    No I'm not a threat. I'm not going into detail but I didnt put myself in because I thought I was a threat. I have a clean record no previous crime. No history of violence.
    What other unusual/unlawful accomplishments are on your bucket list ?

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast