Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default Re: Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

Quote Originally Posted by georgey215 View Post
    Sidkoff Pincus & Green
    I don't have any experience with lawyers. Never had to use them. Its a law firm specializing in constitutional rights. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Could you point me in the right direction?
    Sure.

Philip G Kline Esq 215-538-4444

He's the best on your side of the state.
    Anything he tells you about your situation is 100% reliable.
    Pay for a consultation, get yourself sorted out, and stay legal.
    Bern-
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Want to purchase firearm but diagnosed with mental disorder. Details inside.

Sidkoff Pincus & Green does not look like it specializes in gun law.

You will be best off going with an attorney that specializes in gun related cases. It really is not a good idea to roll a dice and go try to buy a gun. The PSP has been prosecuting a lot of people whom try and buy guns that are prohibited recently. If memory serves me right the number is in the mid 80% range.

Another option for an attorney that specializes in firearms. http://www.princelaw.com/practice-ar...lawgun-trusts/

(Delaware County)

Yes, I contacted a law office. They said they will have someone contact me in 2 days.

Its understandable when you hear firearms and mental disorder in same sentence it can be disconcerting. But you know what, I took medication for depression prescribed by a doctor. And guess what the medication caused me to have ton of bad symptoms. Then after those symptoms they slap me with a more serious diagnosis. That medication is known to do that. The medical system failed me. I told my current psychiatrist that the medication caused all those symptoms and I never in my life displayed them before until i took that drug. He said it can't be proven. This all happened 4 years ago and guess what I haven't displayed those symptoms i had 4 years ago after and probably never will for the rest of my life as long as i stay the hell away from those powerful so called medicine.
    My father suffered from depression many years ago. He actually had a mild episode which tuned into an absolute nightmare for both of my parents and to a certain degree me. But we were able to work it out with his Dr. and the hospital which had asked him to have some blood work done. It turned out my fathers dose was building in his system and he was not metabolizing the drugs as he was before. Hence, he had some very strong suicidal thoughts and the depressive episodes were considerably more debilitating...

SSRI's are nothing to mess around with, but I know you know that. Its the unsuspecting others looking to diminish the feelings of anxiety and depression who will turn to find a miracle drug. Be your own advocate, cause no one else is.

https://ssristories.org/
    Last edited by RenoV8; November 16th, 2017 at 01:13 AM. Reason: sp.

O man, I went to get my medical records. I was infact 302d, but doctor had my 302 discharged. HAHA so am i good then? All hospital visits were voluntary, 302 was discharged. Or am i prematurely happy right now.
    This makes it pretty simple, on the form there are a few things that can be checked:

302 Voluntary Commitment - If this is what's checked you would be fine although I'd recommend a lawyer look over the form for you.
    302 Involuntary Commitment - If this is check you're prohibited
    303 Involuntary Commitment - If this is check you're prohibited

The options are at the top of the paper, which one is checked?

If it's one that states "Involuntary 302 or 303" you're prohibited and if you passed the instant check the reason is the hospital likely didn't report it like they were supposed to. In that situation you'd probably want to contact a lawyer ASAP and they can recommend what if anything to do next.
    Last edited by widgetman101; November 16th, 2017 at 02:05 PM.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by widgetman101 View Post
    This makes it pretty simple, on the form there are a few things that can be checked:

302 Voluntary Commitment - If this is what's checked you would be fine although I'd recommend a lawyer look over the form for you.
    302 Involuntary Commitment - If this is check you're prohibited
    303 Involuntary Commitment - If this is check you're prohibited

The options are at the top of the paper, which one is checked?

If it's one that states "Involuntary 302 or 303" you're prohibited and if you passed the instant check the reason is the hospital likely didn't report it like they were supposed to. In that situation you'd probably want to contact a lawyer ASAP and they can recommend what if anything to do next.
    Which form are you referring to? http://www.dhs.pa.gov/publications/f...orms/index.htm
    Interesting reading, but what I see is box B on the last page of the 783 form being the desired result. Unless it did not get that far and something else was used.

EDIT: This is the form you do not want to see unless it is the bottom section: http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/....pdf?cb=c5b872
    Last edited by gghbi; November 16th, 2017 at 02:34 PM.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

Quote Originally Posted by gghbi View Post
    Which form are you referring to? http://www.dhs.pa.gov/publications/f...orms/index.htm
    Interesting reading, but what I see is box B on the last page of the 783 form being the desired result. Unless it did not get that far and something else was used.

EDIT: This is the form you do not want to see unless it is the bottom section: http://www.pacourts.us/assets/files/....pdf?cb=c5b872
    Thanks for locating the form, that's what I was referring to in your edit. The OP should have a copy of that form and would give the information he needs. If anything is checked off on the top with the "Adjudicated" checked he's SOL. I'd have to dig up my form but I think mine looked a little different but that was from over a decade ago.

(Philadelphia County)

I'll update ya'll after meeting with lawyer. Going to take a week or so. And thank for suggesting the lawyers!!!!!!!

(Montgomery County)

I'll update ya'll after meeting with lawyer. Going to take a week or so. And thank for suggesting the lawyers!!!!!!!
    Which lawyer did you go with?

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    Which lawyer did you go with?
    The one you suggested.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast