Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Annealeez

(Lawrence County)

Default Annealeez

Has or does anyone own this machine. Is it worth buying? Never heard of it before.
    http://www.annealeez.com/

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Annealeez

Whew!!

I read the title as analeez. Don't know anything about either, so I'll let others chime in.

Sorry, I read it quickly and saw "anal-ease" and pictured something very different.

(Allegheny County)

I have no experience with it, but if it works its a bargain at that price.

(Lehigh County)

I watched the video and it seems like an interesting idea. Demo seems to work well. If you load that many cases it might well be worth it. At least you will get consistent results.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Bucks County)

I have a Giraud Annealer and an AMP Annealer.

The Annealeze has gotten decent reviews on other reloading forums, is similar in design to the Giraud, has a somewhat smaller load capacity (which shouldn't matter too much if at all), and sells for about $200 less. If you compare the two prices, make sure you do it with all the extra parts you may need for annealing all your calibers.

When using a gas-bottle annealer one of the problems is the flame varies during use unless perhaps you rig up your own pressure regulator system. This involves positioning the flame properly and keeping the flame constant. You have to use Tempilac to tell when the neck has received enough heat to actually anneal your cases, and a different grade of Tempilac to make sure the base of the case is not annealed. Then you have to maintain that setup for the entire run.

Eventually I worked in the dark and watched the color of the flame (and its size and proximity to the case) and the glow of the case. After a while you learn to tell the difference in the color of the neck while it is being annealed to tell when debris (residual cleaner, etc) is burning off the case as well as when the neck is annealed. That helps a great deal in making on the fly adjustments to ensure uniformity and actual annealing. Bottom line: setup took a while and attention/adjustments were required throughout the run.

At the end of the day I felt the Giraud added an "auto-feed" capability to my annealing, but required as much attention on my part as the much cheaper "socket wrench, torch, and pan of water" did. So I bought the AMP annealer. While it is not perfect (different batches of the same brass, different neck thickness etc, require different settings), once set each case receives identical heating and my results have been clearly visible as "identical" in the finished cases.

You can find out more information about the other annealers on their web sites and in other reloading forums via google. I know this post is not directly about the Annealeez, but hope it helps some.

(Lawrence County)

Thank you for the information!

(Bucks County)

Here' a thread on another forum that gives responses from a cross-section of users . . . who chose to respond

http://forum.accurateshooter.com/thr...aleez.3916030/

I always hesitate to post stuff like this because on the strength of "reviews" like those I wound up buying 7 scales before finding the right one lol.

(Berks County)

I looked at this one but have not purchased it yet. I forget the price. http://www.bench-source.com/id81.html

(Allegheny County)

I never seen this model before (back when I was in the market). I like it!
    Since I primarily reload .223 now, I don't bother with annealing.
    I typically reload the brass 5-6 times or until the necks start to split (which ever comes first) and then throw the whole batch away.
    .223 brass is so cheap and plentiful, I don't bother with annealing.

Now if I was reloading 6.5 Creedmore or something like that, I'd definitely start annealing. Not sure if I'd do it by hand or spend the cash on a machine.
    Toujours prêt

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast