Default Hand over your weapons

Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Hand over your weapons

No.

(Fayette County)

They can have the bullets first.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by middlefinger View Post
    I skimmed over the article. From what I read the title says it all. The scary part about this article is the comments. The majority of the comments that I read were in favor of gun confiscation and drool over the Australian gun laws. Boston is an extremely liberal city, and so is the state of Massachusetts. What can anyone really expect out of a place that gave us Mitt Romney and Ted Kennedy? Remember the search for the Boston Marathon Bomber? This article and opinions are coming from a city where the residents where placed under house arrest and had their homes searched without a warrant by a tactical team accompanied by a Humvee with a police officer in the turret aiming a real assault weapon at the house being searched. I never heard the residents of that city or its media outlets complain or criticize the police on that siege. I guess the residents of Boston believe the solution to gun violence is to give up your guns and let the police order you and your family outside your house at gun point the next time they are looking for a fugitive.

(Bucks County)

Well, it's Boston so....

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by eagleclaw View Post
    This article and opinions are coming from a city where the residents where placed under house arrest and had their homes searched without a warrant by a tactical team accompanied by a Humvee with a police officer in the turret aiming a real assault weapon at the house being searched. I never heard the residents of that city or its media outlets complain or criticize the police on that siege. I guess the residents of Boston believe the solution to gun violence is to give up your guns and let the police order you and your family outside your house at gun point the next time they are looking for a fugitive.

I hate to admit it, but unfortunately I think most (not all) Americans and gun owners would allow that to happen in most of the country.
    Im not excusing it in anyway, but when an entire tactical team with armored personnel carriers show up in your driveway while you're there with your wife and kids standing next to you, 99.999% of the gun owners out there would say "well, okay".

The reality of it is, we as gun owners need to think very hard about what our personal choice is going to be when/if that time comes.
    We need to know where our personal line in the sand is.

I hear a lot of people say "police and military would never go along with door to door gun confiscation on America".
    Bullshit!
    The vast majority of them will, with enthusiasm.

Police officers and military are just like most of the other people in this country. They are slaves to debt.
    And when the chief tells his officers "we will start collecting guns in X,Y & Z neighborhood today and if you don't assist in the operation, you lose your job and pension immediately" those officers are going to buckle.

They'll capitulate and make excuses believing that the courts will just sort it out.

Im not belittling our officers at all, Im just being realistic and honest.
    Last edited by Ricochet; November 13th, 2017 at 05:11 PM.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

So how many of you have some of your firearms hidden away in places you hope the searchers won't find? Just like those that keep a mental list of guns bought from FFLs with paper trails vs those bought privately. The second list has undoubtedly been resold and you've lost contact with the buyer or they got swept away last time the Susquehanna flooded.

this is timely, as one of the items the NJ legislature is sure to pass is home inspections.
    No you cannot come in. No I will not honor a warrant if you get one. If you make entry with out my permission, which you do not and will not ever have, I will treat you as a violent trespasser intent on doing me me deadly harm.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    So how many of you have some of your firearms hidden away in places you hope the searchers won't find? Just like those that keep a mental list of guns bought from FFLs with paper trails vs those bought privately. The second list has undoubtedly been resold and you've lost contact with the buyer or they got swept away last time the Susquehanna flooded.
    How's that go again? Oh yea: if its time to hide them, then its time to use them.

(Lancaster County)

Call me naive, but unless the federal govt managed to simultaneously do nationwide home search and seizures for firearms, nation wide confiscation would never happen. Sure, it may start, but someone somewhere will end up standing back up and voila, you have your martyr for bloody pushback against the federal level stuff.

That being said, the slow chipping away of rights is and will be much more effective at the end goal. Maybe not this decade, and maybe not next but thats the direction its going.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast