Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    (Columbia County)

Default Re: Hand over your weapons

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    I hate to admit it, but unfortunately I think most (not all) Americans and gun owners would allow that to happen in most of the country.
    Im not excusing it in anyway, but when an entire tactical team with armored personnel carriers show up in your driveway while you're there with your wife and kids standing next to you, 99.999% of the gun owners out there would say "well, okay".

The reality of it is, we as gun owners need to think very hard about what our personal choice is going to be when/if that time comes.
    We need to know where our personal line in the sand is.

I hear a lot of people say "police and military would never go along with door to door gun confiscation on America".
    Bullshit!
    The vast majority of them will, with enthusiasm.

Police officers and military are just like most of the other people in this country. They are slaves to debt.
    And when the chief tells his officers "we will start collecting guns in X,Y & Z neighborhood today and if you don't assist in the operation, you lose your job and pension immediately" those officers are going to buckle.

They'll capitulate and make excuses believing that the courts will just sort it out.

Im not belittling our officers at all, Im just being realistic and honest.

Good points. Two other motivating factors that will entice police to embark on a gun collecting mission is overtime pay and they get to play SWAT member. Currently even in small town police departments AR 15s and other tactical weapons are the norm and in addition a lot of regular police officers have tactical equipment that was traditionally only offered to tactical units. That, couple with younger members looking for action, the idea that the majority of police will disobey an order to collect civil weapons doesn’t seem likely. There is a regulation banning the confiscation of arm during an emergency in the PA crime code 6107. However that law has some exceptions to it and I don’t know if it covers a federal declared emergency/martial law or could the Governor or AG override it with an executive order during an emergency.

One point I like to make on the Boston Marathon search is I understand this happened suddenly and the residents were unprepared to take up arms against the police. Most probably didn’t own any being that Boston is a liberal haven. However, after the fact no one appeared to protest /complain about the police searching tactics. It seems like liberals cherish the fourth amendment just as much as the 2nd amendment.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Call me naive, but unless the federal govt managed to simultaneously do nationwide home search and seizures for firearms, nation wide confiscation would never happen. Sure, it may start, but someone somewhere will end up standing back up and voila, you have your martyr for bloody pushback against the federal level stuff.

That being said, the slow chipping away of rights is and will be much more effective at the end goal. Maybe not this decade, and maybe not next but thats the direction its going.
    Those are good points.
    I agree, a simultaneous nationwide confiscation just isnt possible.
    They could slowly chip away city by city, town by town.
    Whatever is left in the rural areas they make laws landing people in jail for years and complete asset forfeiture if found with "an evil assault rifle" .
    For instance, in England its a mandatory 5 years in prison if found with an illegal firearm. Could be a bolt action, its still 5 years in jail.

I hope were wrong about all this, I really do.
    But complete control is the end goal.
    Who knows what they'll try.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Chester County)

How far we've slipped down that slippery slope.

Mass. has gone from Col. Wm. Prescott's, "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes." to illegal gun confiscation.

Hitler, Mao, Obama, Bloomberg, Stalin, Pol Pot and Hillary should be proud.

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by eatmydust View Post
    How far we've slipped down that slippery slope.

Mass. has gone from Col. Wm. Prescott's, "Don't fire until you see the whites of their eyes." to illegal gun confiscation.

Hitler, Mao, Obama, Bloomberg, Stalin, Pol Pot and Hillary should be proud.
    The slippery slope could also refer to more recent times. Last year this forum had numerous threads containing "laundry Lists" of gun rights will would be getting under the Trump administration and a GOP control congress. Now the threads are about deflecting another "assault weapons ban" and the bump stock ban. Legislation that removes sound suppressors from the NFA and allow nationwide carry reciprocity appear to be off the table and is a distant memory.
    Last edited by eagleclaw; November 13th, 2017 at 06:00 PM.

(Delaware County)

The first few attempts to collect might go pretty smooth and be effortless. As the word gets around and it will...the amount of energy and resouces to carry out a confiscation will prove to be too much and too bloody. Divide and conquer will be their stealth approach, but like I said, once out of the bag...the retaliation will be swift and painful.

(Berks County)

They may whittle away like they have with AWBans,High Cap mags and so forth. But I really don’t see a mass confiscation taking place. They know that if they go that far they’ve opened Pendoras box! I really don’t think they’re that stupid but you never know?
    I don’t think I’m going to see it in my lifetime if they do try.

it is sad how weak the R's are, with control of the house and senate. shows how many RINO's there really are. especially every time an anti-gun bill comes out and is immediately laden with R co-sponsors.
    we need to call and harass them more and everyone needs to get every R they know out to vote come 2018, can't sit idly back and expect things to fix themselves.

btw, when was the last time a bill fell 6 co-sponsors short of passing a damn vote, without ever landing on a calendar or getting onto the floor for a vote?
    seeing these old anti-gun laws that passed with 2-20 co-sponsors yet went to vote and passed, sickens me.

and if all else fails, in the words of alex jones.

and i fully agree, if it's time to hide 'em, it's time to use 'em.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Jefferson County)

If/when they send the "authorities" to confiscate, and should "we" decide to take a stand - remember to go after those who sent the "authorities".
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    If/when they send the "authorities" to confiscate, and should "we" decide to take a stand - remember to go after those who sent the "authorities".
    yep, 100% agree. although anyone "just following orders" is just as much to blame.
    i can understand the desire to just follow along but a large part of society's problems right now are due entirely to people not willing to take a stand and a lack of morals/values.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    So how many of you have some of your firearms hidden away in places you hope the searchers won't find? Just like those that keep a mental list of guns bought from FFLs with paper trails vs those bought privately. The second list has undoubtedly been resold and you've lost contact with the buyer or they got swept away last time the Susquehanna flooded.
    Hidden shit, mine are well oiled, magazines loaded, ready to go.

In response to ricochet's post, we would send the kids out, once they are safe, molon labe. Yep, I know i'd lose the battle...eventually, but I'm dying on my feet, not living on my knees.

A five gallon bucket of marbles ready to be knocked over in front of entryways is a good way to get people all jammed up if they come through your door stacked.

Many many more tricks out there, I 'm prepared and willing.
    Go sell crazy some where else, we're all stocked up here.

Political power grows from the muzzle of a gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast