Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
I hate to admit it, but unfortunately I think most (not all) Americans and gun owners would allow that to happen in most of the country.
Im not excusing it in anyway, but when an entire tactical team with armored personnel carriers show up in your driveway while you're there with your wife and kids standing next to you, 99.999% of the gun owners out there would say "well, okay".

The reality of it is, we as gun owners need to think very hard about what our personal choice is going to be when/if that time comes.
We need to know where our personal line in the sand is.

I hear a lot of people say "police and military would never go along with door to door gun confiscation on America".
Bullshit!
The vast majority of them will, with enthusiasm.

Police officers and military are just like most of the other people in this country. They are slaves to debt.
And when the chief tells his officers "we will start collecting guns in X,Y & Z neighborhood today and if you don't assist in the operation, you lose your job and pension immediately" those officers are going to buckle.

They'll capitulate and make excuses believing that the courts will just sort it out.

Im not belittling our officers at all, Im just being realistic and honest.

Good points. Two other motivating factors that will entice police to embark on a gun collecting mission is overtime pay and they get to play SWAT member. Currently even in small town police departments AR 15s and other tactical weapons are the norm and in addition a lot of regular police officers have tactical equipment that was traditionally only offered to tactical units. That, couple with younger members looking for action, the idea that the majority of police will disobey an order to collect civil weapons doesn’t seem likely. There is a regulation banning the confiscation of arm during an emergency in the PA crime code 6107. However that law has some exceptions to it and I don’t know if it covers a federal declared emergency/martial law or could the Governor or AG override it with an executive order during an emergency.

One point I like to make on the Boston Marathon search is I understand this happened suddenly and the residents were unprepared to take up arms against the police. Most probably didn’t own any being that Boston is a liberal haven. However, after the fact no one appeared to protest /complain about the police searching tactics. It seems like liberals cherish the fourth amendment just as much as the 2nd amendment.