Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: Hand over your weapons

Quote Originally Posted by pacodelahoya View Post
    Hidden shit, mine are well oiled, magazines loaded, ready to go.

In response to ricochet's post, we would send the kids out, once they are safe, molon labe. Yep, I know i'd lose the battle...eventually, but I'm dying on my feet, not living on my knees.

A five gallon bucket of marbles ready to be knocked over in front of entryways is a good way to get people all jammed up if they come through your door stacked.

Many many more tricks out there, I 'm prepared and willing.
    Need to add that to my list.

(Dauphin County)

If something along the lines of a full on confiscation ever comes to pass, I will conveniently "forget" where all mine are.

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    Don't focus on those who are coming after your guns. They are just following orders. They have no viable choice. Focus instead on those who created the unconstitutional laws. See how they change and bend with the wind. Instead, send them the Mother of All storms their way.
    If you* choose to follow an unconstitutional law, then you* are as much a problem as those who send you, if not worse. "I was just following orders" is not the phrase you want to be your last.

* the collective 'you' not the personal 'you'.

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    If something along the lines of a full on confiscation ever comes to pass, I will conveniently "forget" where all mine are.
    herr lurch, we have vays to make you talk.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    If/when they send the "authorities" to confiscate, and should "we" decide to take a stand - remember to go after those who sent the "authorities".
    If and when this should occur, going after the bosses should be priority #1.

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by spandexlurch View Post
    The gun confiscation legislation was already written in Australia before the mass shooting there. The reason the confiscation happened so quickly and seamlessly is because they already had registration of all guns. They mounted a massive ad campaign to inform the relatively small percentage of gun owners in the country that they were going to go to jail if they didn't comply.

Australia did not have a gun culture. They don't have nearly as many guns or gun owners. They didn't do guns for self defense, even before the ban. Guns are tools for eliminating pests and predators in the countryside. They don't have a 2nd Amendment. They don't have an NRA or anything close to it, and they don't have any type of conservative watchdog media.

There are a dozen reasons why the Australia gun confiscation model would not work right now in the US. But the linchpin is and will always be universal licensing and registration with mandatory reporting for lost or stolen guns. If they can get that, then all of the pieces CAN come together for mass confiscation, but not until then.

And as others are saying, don't assume this assault on our rights will only come from the Democrats. Remember it was (R) Arlen Specter who was instrumental in allowing the Clinton AW Ban to get through the Senate.

∆+rep∆
    cant find button on mobile. only see report.

this may have been posted already, but for those that haven't seen it, it's not a bad read:

http://thefederalist.com/2015/06/25/...ntrol-fallacy/

some good points on rebuking the Australia bullshit argument
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags.

(Delaware County)

"If you have what a lot of people want, you could rake in the dough".....Lucky Luciano in referring to alcoholic beverage in the dawn of Prohibition. The father of organized crime built his empire on an unpopular law based on the prohibiting the selling of alcoholic beverages. Any confiscation attempt would bring on another prohibition and resurrect organized crime and people like Lucky Luciano. This time though, it would be even more violent than in the 20s and even more difficult to enforce with fewer people complying.

The Boston article is a twisted dream of the emotional anti gun zealots who cannot or will not think of the consequences.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234