Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Westmoreland County)

Default CZ Scorpion Evo Pistol

I've been considering buying an Evo, turning it into an SBR, and possibly buying a suppressor (when I can afford to buy a suppressor). Currently, a website has what seems to be a good deal on the Evo. The pistol comes with a folding stock, carbine length hand guard, and a flash suppressor (faux suppressor). The package is selling at roughly $875 + shipping. From my understanding, an SBR is considered a firearm in Pennsylvania and can be carried--loaded--in a vehicle, correct? If I could not legally carry it in a vehicle in PA, I probably wouldn't spread my wallet thin buying one. I believe that individual states differ in what they will allow people to do. Are there any good sites that provide a good synopsis of each state's laws regarding NFA items?

Also, I have absolutely no knowledge of suppressors. I really don't like the idea of paying a $200 tax per suppressor (I really don't have an income to afford that). Are multi-caliber suppressors available, or are they just not really an item that people with low/medium incomes can enjoy?

Below is a photo of the pistol package I'm considering.
    Attached Images Attached Images