Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Washington County)

Default Re: CZ Scorpion Evo Pistol

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I'd be more than happy to let you handle and shoot my SBR. Problem is, when you do, you'll buy one.
    He’s not wrong lol.
    And once you buy it. You will discover you want to change things out like stated before. Also I did a trigger spring job and polished it. Helps a ton. I have about a 4lbs pull on mine.

As for the red dot. Yes it sits low for a red dot. But I am using irons for now and it’s okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    Thanks for all the input so far. I'm really tossing the idea around. I have never handled one. I was just thinking the extended rail may help with holding it. Being that I never handled one, I don't know how true that thought is. And, it would help to put the extra money towards a stamp rather than the stock--which I'd end up selling (which is usually a hassle).
    The carbine handguard def has a nice feel when shouldering. Gives you a lot more room to work w any accessories you may want to add too. Also is perfect to keep heat away from a hot can.

I'm a leftie, but I have read that the safety digs into your hand. I am looking at stock options. I like the look of the factory stock, but read it sits low for using a red dot. I've also read about some type of 922 compliance for parts for some reason. Some people state the 922 is only for manufacturers. IDk if the compliance parts are sales gimmicks for parts suppliers or necessities.
    Now that I have a stock on mine, the safety isn't a problem although I plan to try the yetiwurks switchback as I prefer a steeper angle grip, that would provide even more clearance from the safety.

For 922r, if you get the flashcan model, the handguard and flashcan count as 2 of the compliance parts. Also the 30 round mags have usa made followers/floorplates. That leaves two items to switch out. The grip and trigger shoe are very common and the cheapest to do.

Wouldn't it be cheaper to do the carbine model and get a barrel, instead of the pistol + the 922r kit?

Or is the carbine considered a sporting rifle, and imported w/o the required number of 922r parts?
    Last edited by rice rocket; November 24th, 2017 at 02:31 PM.

(Washington County)

Be cheaper and easier to do the pistol.
    You have to by the stock hit after you get your stamp and they have 922r stocks which I think account for some of the 3 things you need. Then you can just my mags that are 922 and be done with it.

Where as a carbine you will have to get a new barrel, get it installed and timed right. Then a new hand guard as well. Plus the tools to remove it if doing yourself.

Stock kit with 922r runs about $150
    Mags run about $20

Berral
    Hand guard
    Tools will easily push you to around $300 depending what you get, like HBI for example.

(Berks County)

^Agreed. Easier and more economical to SBR the pistol. The stock kit includes 3 US trigger parts, muzzle device, grip, and 2 mag followers and floor plates. That gets you 922r compliant. You can also buy additional US followers and floor plates.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by rice rocket View Post
    Wouldn't it be cheaper to do the carbine model and get a barrel, instead of the pistol + the 922r kit?

Or is the carbine considered a sporting rifle, and imported w/o the required number of 922r parts?
    Also, I don't think you're allowed to carry a loaded rifle in your car in PA.

(Wyoming County)

OP,

I came across this video on YouTube and thought of your thread here. I've been heavily debating a Scorpion myself, and I think this is the route that I'm going to go. Hope it helps.

"It seems that the Constitution is more or less guidelines than actual rules"
    My feedback: http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=305685

(Washington County)

I currently have the Tailhook attached to my evo using a CZ OEM folding ah stock? (Not technically the stock) I can’t upload a picture using my phone but.. kind of looks like the one in link.

https://www.yetiwurks.com/collection...ok-adapter-kit

Also, I don't think you're allowed to carry a loaded rifle in your car in PA.
    Per the PA UFA. SBR/SBS you would be gtg with a LTCF.

§ 6102. Definitions.
    "Firearm." Any pistol or revolver with a barrel length less than 15 inches, any shotgun with a barrel length less than 18 inches or any rifle with a barrel length less than 16 inches, or any pistol, revolver, rifle or shotgun with an overall length of less than 26 inches. The barrel length of a firearm shall be determined by measuring from the muzzle of the barrel to the face of the closed action, bolt or cylinder, whichever is applicable.

(Monroe County)

IDk if the compliance parts are sales gimmicks for parts suppliers or necessities.
    Some D-bag at CZ asked the ATF if they should make a 922 compliance kit and of course they said yes. They never turn down the chance to burden us with BS that is necessary or not.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12