Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: OSP stopped me...

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Do you understand that police "small talk" is actually an interogation ? Do you really think he is interested in talking about guns ? Most likely a fishing trip.
    Depends on the situation. I have had conversations with people I have stopped and ended up just BSing. Being an old Mopar fan, I have talked muscle cars with many motorists. (I’ll even cut a Chevy owner a break once in a while )

Now if when you roll your window down a huge Cheech and Chong cloud comes out, you may have just baited the hook.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post

Now if when you roll your window down a huge Cheech and Chong cloud comes out, you may have just baited the hook.

"One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    Depends on the situation. I have had conversations with people I have stopped and ended up just BSing. Being an old Mopar fan, I have talked muscle cars with many motorists. (I’ll even cut a Chevy owner a break once in a while )

You must be part of the Webber crew.

(Berks County)

My biggest sin is my heavy right foot and I have met many, many po leece men because of it. I like it when they come to the window and ask, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" Maybe I have this wrong but I think that this is the beginning of a potential fishing expedition. I mean...they don't pull you over for just doing five, or maybe even ten over the limit and with trees, poles and scenery blowing by faster than they should be I'd say that if I didn't know why I got pulled over I should be sent to some sort of driving school. So...I answer, "I have a pretty good idea, I was getting along pretty good there". If I was in their shoes I'd appreciate the honest answer. They usually look at my license and say something like, "You have a CDL, a speeding ticket wouldn't look good on that", and let me go.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

Quote Originally Posted by DukeConnor View Post
    Do you understand that police "small talk" is actually an interogation ? Do you really think he is interested in talking about guns ? Most likely a fishing trip.
    Right ! NEVER talk to the police!

I don't speak English , I talk American!

(Erie County)

With the vids being on YouTube and other sources of cops being shot at, or pummeled because either the driver or an occupant is wanted for something, I would think that cops would have to be on alert and one way to get a feel for the encounter would be how the driver reacts to certain questions.

On another note, if you don't want this encounter with the police, don't speed. This shit ain't that complicated, unless you had to ride the short bus to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    With the vids being on YouTube and other sources of cops being shot at, or pummeled because either the driver or an occupant is wanted for something, I would think that cops would have to be on alert and one way to get a feel for the encounter would be how the driver reacts to certain questions.

On another note, if you don't want this encounter with the police, don't speed. This shit ain't that complicated, unless you had to ride the short bus to school.
    You drive your car and I'll drive mine.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve been stopped by police with a gun clearly visible in my car. I’ve also been stopped and informed the officer I had a firearm in my glove compartment where my insurance and registration was located.

I never felt in danger for my life. I truly believe my lack of fear was because on my politeness with the officer and my white skin.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    I never felt in danger for my life. I truly believe my lack of fear was because on my politeness with the officer and my white skin.

(Allegheny County)

Not every stop is a fishing trip, folks. Not only are police human too, they're also just doing their job. I was speeding, nothing more. I didn't give him reason to believe I was doing anything nefarious, especially at 0500 in the morning. It was a good stop, and he told me of a place in his hometown, which isn't too far from me, to find some good Italian food....it's his family's restaraunt.

Those that think all cops are out to get them, likely are hiding things. That alone brings more cops to sniff around.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast