Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Default Re: I bought my first glock today...really...

S&Ws are excellent guns but the first gens M&P were absolutely horrible in their trigger feel if you were switching from glock mushy gritty, long take up even longer reset. Very sizable portion if not the majority of first gen M&P owners would drop Apex trigger kits into them. Wife actually doesn't care much for grip texture it's too sand paper in feel and for a newbie shooter it gets a little too much in a way of discomfort when she over chokes the strong hand. I'm sure somebody will come out with less aggressive inserts for 2.0 in the very near future. I take points off 2.0 for jumping on the bandwagon of political correctness with that sear disconnect lever gizmo.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    S&Ws are excellent guns but the first gens M&P were absolutely horrible in their trigger feel if you were switching from glock mushy gritty, long take up even longer reset. Very sizable portion if not the majority of first gen M&P owners would drop Apex trigger kits into them. Wife actually doesn't care much for grip texture it's too sand paper in feel and for a newbie shooter it gets a little too much in a way of discomfort when she over chokes the strong hand. I'm sure somebody will come out with less aggressive inserts for 2.0 in the very near future. I take points off 2.0 for jumping on the bandwagon of political correctness with that sear disconnect lever gizmo.
    Yeah well I can understand that a female hand might think the new grips a bit rough but to my tool bearing, golf gripping,steering wheel strangling hands the texture is heaven. As far as the sear lever goes, you can just lock the slide back,flip the hold down lever and pull the trigger and the slide will release without messing with the sear lever.

I know, but they still get points off for it for trying to appease the political powers and make the guns "safe". I lump all these features up into same category as integrated gun locks and magazine safeties. Even though in all honesty this sear disconnect doesn't neuter the gun in any way, but still extra complexity that is not needed. Same with grip safeties, part of original design on 1911 and only because military demanded it, but totally not necessary on modern striker fired polymer like XD.

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I hate mine!

HAHAHAHA!

No. Really - I would sell it yesterday, but my wife likes it.

Only thing it's good for is shooting groups the size of outstretched arms!
    I shoot just about any other gun better than this thing.

Millions of other people have nothing but love for them, so I'm sure you will be fine.
    I am same way with my XDM. I do love it XDs, great guns, thing is I can't shoot worth a damn with it. Glock fits my hand like a custom flight glove. I was at the range recently trying to ping 6 inch plate at 50 yards. G19 3 pings out of 5 rounds XDM 0 out of 20.

(Chester County)

Sorry to say but I do not find Glocks aesthetically pleasing. Not that looks matter when it comes to trusting your life with a pistol, but I trained on a Beretta M9 and would I would not carry anything else. At Oaks there are booths and booths of Glocks and accessories along with LEOs issuing these fine pistols.

In the end it is all a matter of comfort and history. My father trained on a S&W snub after the war, and a Colt 1911A1 earlier in during WWII. He never found a need to change and was comfortable using either. I surmise the Apple did not fall far from the tree!

Peace to all!

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by skb40466 View Post
    Sorry to say but I do not find Glocks aesthetically pleasing. Not that looks matter when it comes to trusting your life with a pistol, but I trained on a Beretta M9 and would I would not carry anything else. At Oaks there are booths and booths of Glocks and accessories along with LEOs issuing these fine pistols.

In the end it is all a matter of comfort and history. My father trained on a S&W snub after the war, and a Colt 1911A1 earlier in during WWII. He never found a need to change and was comfortable using either. I surmise the Apple did not fall far from the tree!

Peace to all!

Beware the man with only one handgun. He likely knows how to use it.

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Bucks County)

Peace to all!
    Funny enough, I actually carry a Beretta 92. Love it. I also agree that Glock is not visually appealing.

That said, they are reliable and pretty much every one I've handled shoots and feels more or less the same.

I can't say that for Beretta. I had a 96. It was one of the worst guns I've ever handled in terms of recoil. I enjoyed shooting my .44 magnum more.

-Zach

(Philadelphia County)

Peace to all!
    History is nice and all, but there is a reason the military is not currently issuing Garands or M-1 Carbines.

(Blair County)

I never really had a problem with Glocks factory trigger until i bought an M&P 2.0. Took me about 3 shots at the range to feel like i was familiar with it and was banging out perfect rapid fire tight groups. What they did with the trigger reset click is brilliant. Im thinking of buying another identical pistol so i can dual wield I honestly went to the store that day to buy a VP9. They put this in my hand and it was like it was made just for me. Happiest gun purchase Ive made in a long time.
    20171219_105835_resized.jpg
    Oh yeah.....I always said i would never buy a carry pistol with a safety....This safety feels exactly like a 1911 safety to me....I actually like it.
    Last edited by Edg; January 6th, 2018 at 11:14 AM. Reason: addition

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234