Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Dems introduce Assault Weapons Ban of 2017 Bill

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    im betting they'd try to burn the country to the ground to get their way. not sure how well funding the NRA and GOA, trying to outbuy these elites, will work.
    money going to armor and 80% lowers.

^^totally this^^

robo responses have been pissing me off. we should start calling.
    Congressman.Cartwright@mail.house.gov
    decided to send me some spam healthcare reminders... my nasty response wasn't bounced & didn't get a generic response yet.

Good for you.

(Clearfield County)

How can this happen? How can it even be discussed with a Republican House and Senate? Simple answer? Do not comply because it is illegal. Forget the AR15 or AR10. Anyway, the magnums are going to OWN the battlefield and civilians have more data and homgrown info on 300 win and 30-378 wby that any Communist ever dreamed of or can buy. If this is TRUELY the new future, ( I realize it is getting cold) count me in.

Quote Originally Posted by maceydog View Post
    How can this happen?
    How can the N.F.A. happen? How can the 10 year rifle ban that Clinton signed in 1994 (i think 94--- on my first cup of joe at 4am )

How can NJ, MD, NY, CA, IL, DC, HI, MA happen ?? The laws and cops will destroy a good citizen in the blink of an eye with their cult like hate of citizens with a firearm.

At this time in the game it should be apparent there is not much difference between the republican and democrat party when we get down to brass tack. Both parties will sell our the American citizen and trample upon the US Constitution with not shame in their game: John McCain, Paul Ryan.

Sadly the will to violate and infringe upon the 2A is extremely strong in the US of A.
    Last edited by vinnyg101; November 10th, 2017 at 03:50 PM.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

yep 1994. good job pre-covfefe. https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-...355/cosponsors
    with only two co-sponsors and it went to vote. HOW ODD (H.R.38 112 co-sponsors, no vote)
    here's your list https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00295
    ::note, you can't just go "oh they voted nay" as it's all a game and if they're sure an agenda will pass without their support, to save face they will keep on their party's side.
    remember obamacare vote with R's swinging over to keep it::

notice how so many names look familiar? people keep slamming that R or D straight button and not showing up for primaries. so you get the same group of a-holes coming round again and again.
    on the plus side, when you wake up to a law that makes mere possession of an item you already own, a felony... at least you don't have to worry about -any- of your actions making you a criminal anymore.
    Last edited by fallenleader; November 10th, 2017 at 08:34 AM.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by father-of-three View Post
    In a quick skim, it looks like the 1994 ban.
    This is the 94 ban on steroids. the 2017 version bans detachable magazine plus only one "evil" feature. If I recall correctly, the 94 ban required 3 of those features to be considered an assault rifle. All AR-15 manufacturers had to do back then was eliminate the flash suppressor and they could legally get around the ban and essentially sell the exact same product. The 94 ban did not ban the sale or transfer of all standard 15-30 round cap magazines either. This one does.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; November 10th, 2017 at 08:34 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

In reality, it was “safe” for Republicans to vote to repeal the ACA when Obama was in office because they knew it would never actually get repealed with Obama in the White House. They would not have to deal with the complexities of its actual repeal. The same is true for gun control with the Dems. With no control in Congress and Trump in the White House, there is no chance of any o& this getting passed into law. The Dems are doing it to play to their base...”see, we tried, but those Republicans won’t allow it into law.” It’s all politics.

That’s not to say we shouldn’t voice our disappointment in them...especially those Dems, like me, who break with my party on the topic of firearms.

Quote Originally Posted by fallenleader View Post
    yep 1994. good job pre-covfefe. https://www.congress.gov/bill/103rd-...355/cosponsors
    with only two co-sponsors and it went to vote. HOW ODD (H.R.38 112 co-sponsors, no vote)
    here's your list https://www.senate.gov/legislative/L...n=2&vote=00295
    ::note, you can't just go "oh they voted nay" as it's all a game and if they're sure an agenda will pass without their support, to save face they will keep on their party's side.
    remember obamacare vote with R's swinging over to keep it::

notice how so many names look familiar? people keep slamming that R or D straight button and not showing up for primaries. so you get the same group of a-holes coming round again and again.
    on the plus side, when you wake up to a law that makes mere possession of an item you already own, a felony... at least you don't have to worry about -any- of your actions making you a criminal anymore.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    That’s not to say we shouldn’t voice our disappointment in them...especially those Dems, like me, who break with my party on the topic of firearms.
    I would be very interested to hear why you are a Democrat.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Washington County)

Quote Originally Posted by Democrat Gun Owner View Post
    In reality, it was “safe” for Republicans to vote to repeal the ACA when Obama was in office because they knew it would never actually get repealed with Obama in the White House. They would not have to deal with the complexities of its actual repeal. The same is true for gun control with the Dems. With no control in Congress and Trump in the White House, there is no chance of any o& this getting passed into law. The Dems are doing it to play to their base...”see, we tried, but those Republicans won’t allow it into law.” It’s all politics.

Let's get real here. Dems are not concerned with the "complexities" of an Assault Weapons Ban. Unlike Republicans, who were caught flat-footed and unprepared to really replace Obamacare with something else, Dems have had this Legislation written and ready to submit for a decade or longer. They first rolled it out right after Sandy Hook, thinking that would be the time Republicans would cave and it was politically a good time since Obama had just been re-elected to a second term. It's ready to roll, and like Obamacare, they are perfectly willing to submit a flawed bill, or a bill that will not accomplish anything to reduce violent crime or eliminate mass shootings, simply to get the ban language signed into law. Then they will make a move on registration and then a repeal of all of the grandfather clauses in the law.

This isn't just about politics for them, it's about them pursuing an almost 1/2 century old Left Wing agenda to ban private ownership of guns for self defense.
    Last edited by TSimonetti; November 10th, 2017 at 10:47 AM.

^^ what he said.
    the elite uniparty wishes to disarm the people. both parties will play both sides as it suits them. this is why you can't simply vote straight.
    the elites suspect that people will obediently hand over their weapons. or that they will convince them to sell them back. or will deny your tax filing until it's verified your weapons have been turned in. (my understanding is that this was a plan in order to push ACA enrollment, since fine's werent enough. they'd deny your filing until you enrolled)
    etc.etc.
    few will stand and actually fight, we're too fat and comfortable. they know this and walk all over us every day.
    There is no way to make it out alive...

(Columbia County)

Quote Originally Posted by TSimonetti View Post
    This is the 94 ban on steroids. the 2017 version bans detachable magazine plus only one "evil" feature. If I recall correctly, the 94 ban required 3 of those features to be considered an assault rifle. All AR-15 manufacturers had to do back then was eliminate the flash suppressor and they could legally get around the ban and essentially sell the exact same product. The 94 ban did not ban the sale or transfer of all standard 15-30 round cap magazines either. This one does.
    The Assault weapon bill of the 90s did not allow 3 features. It only allowed one. Most manufacturers kept the pistol grip and did away with the folding/collapsible stock, bayonet lug, and flash suppressor. The flash suppressors were modified into recoil compensators. On some rifles thumb loop stocks were used because they did not count as a evil feature. The new bans that were enacted in NY and other states don’t allow any features including thumb loop stocks and recoil compensators. This is why you see the NY compliant ARs with the stocks looking like it was made by a plumber and a plain barrel with nothing on the end.
    Here is a summarization Senator Frankenstein’s latest creation:
    Key provisions
    • Bans the sale, manufacture, transfer and importation of 205 military-style assault weapons by name. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    • Bans any assault weapon that accepts a detachable ammunition magazine and has one or more military characteristics including a pistol grip, a forward grip, a barrel shroud, a threaded barrel or a folding or telescoping stock. Owners may keep existing weapons.
    • Bans magazines and other ammunition feeding devices that hold more than 10 rounds of ammunition, which allow shooters to quickly fire many rounds without needing to reload. Owners may keep existing magazines.
    Exemptions to bill
    • The bill exempts by name more than 2,200 guns for hunting, household defense or recreational purposes.
    • The bill includes a grandfather clause that exempts all weapons lawfully possessed at the date of enactment.
    Other provisions:
    • Requires a background check on any future sale, trade or gifting of an assault weapon covered by the bill.
    • Requires that grandfathered assault weapons are stored using a secure gun storage or safety device like a trigger lock.
    Prohibits the transfer of high-capacity ammunition magazines.
    • Bans bump-fire stocks and other devices that allow semi-automatic weapons to fire at fully automatic rates.
    However there is some good news if you want to call it that, it doesn’t seem to ban thumb loop stocks. At least I couldn’t find it listed as an evil feature in the bill.
    https://www.feinstein.senate.gov/pub...-bill-text.pdf
    Last edited by eagleclaw; November 10th, 2017 at 11:46 AM.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast