Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default LA Times writer tries to find fault with the civilian involved in Texas church shooti

I guess I shouldn’t be surprised but it’s a far reach suggesting this guy wasn’t “quick enough”. Willeford Is the name of a local resident who was alerted by his daughter about the shots and grabbed a rifle that was in the safe to investigate and wound up engaging the shooter. For the writer to say he wasn’t quick enough id absurd. Who’s to tell how many more victims there would be if he didn’t get there when he did. http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...106-story.html

Last edited by bripro; November 8th, 2017 at 06:25 AM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Fayette County)

Default Re: LA Times writer tries to find fault with the civilian involved in Texas church sh

And yet, if the good guy was there at the perfect time he would be labeled as a "vigilante".
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Chester County)

Default Re: LA Times writer tries to find fault with the civilian involved in Texas church sh

Well his soy, double shot, caramel lattè from Starbucks was cold that morning so . . .

(Bucks County)

I watched Crowder's interview with Mr. Willeford.

He said that he ran out with no shoes and a handful of bullets to load his magazine as he was running out the door.

He thought that every gunshot he heard, meant that one more person got shot or killed. He wasn't exactly dilly-dallying.

Maybe Mr. Libtard LA Slimes reporter should try to imagine himself in that situation, and think about what he would have done.

If there are no armed citizens around to save the day, blame all gun owners that it happened.

If there happens to be an armed citizen around to save the day, complain that he didn't save the day sooner.

Do not admit that more armed citizens in the area would have saved the day sooner.
    Last edited by hog45; November 8th, 2017 at 08:46 AM.
    Sic semper tyrannis

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by hog45 View Post
    If there are no armed citizens around to save the day, blame all gun owners that it happened.

If there happens to be an armed citizen around to save the day, complain that he didn't save the day sooner.

Do not admit that more armed citizens in the area would have saved the day sooner.
    And never admit how beneficial it would have been to have armed citizens in the church!
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Venango County)

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post
    I watched Crowder's interview with Mr. Willeford.

He said that he ran out with no shoes and a handful of bullets to load his magazine as he was running out the door.

He thought that every gunshot he heard, meant that one more person got shot or killed. He wasn't exactly dilly-dallying.

Maybe Mr. Libtard LA Slimes reporter should try to imagine himself in that situation, and think about what he would have done.
    BTW, does Texas have storage laws like California? I am just curious as his mags were not loaded. And if people are concerned about 'ruining' or damaging mags by keeping springs compressed, then buy extras that you never compress. But in any event, I shouldn't talk because I usually can't find my AR mags when I really think I need them! But my point is that his response would have been better time-wise. And I don't fault him at all, but only because the anti is bringing it up and antis are the ones that want unloaded stored firearms and magazines.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

Quote Originally Posted by RockIsland View Post

Probably hiding under his bed.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by olderguy View Post
    Probably hiding under his bed.
    He's probably the kind of guy who'd mock and ridicule Willeford if he were a neighbor, but if the crap hit the fan he'd be wailing his name followed by "Save me! Save me!"

Then the next day he'd go back to mocking and ridiculing him.

On another note, this situation is the reason why I'm adding two or three more loaded magazines to the AR grab-and-go pile. I always have one in the rifle, but it wouldn't hurt to have spares readily accessible.

(Bucks County)

What he wrote is accurate. The terminology is neutral. I see nothing to suggest mockery. Mockery comes from the reader reading between the lines. It's what's missing....no words of positive attributions that makes room for seeing a mocking. But then, it would not be neutrally factual. He isn't writing to please anyone but his editors.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast