Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: LA Times writer tries to find fault with the civilian involved in Texas church sh

I'va also seen some articles claiming that his actions were meaningless. No proof that he was going to shoot more people. etc., and that the shooter killed himself. What they never tell you is that most mass shooters that kill themselves usually do so while encountering armed resistance.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: LA Times writer tries to find fault with the civilian involved in Texas church sh

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    BTW, does Texas have storage laws like California? I am just curious as his mags were not loaded. And if people are concerned about 'ruining' or damaging mags by keeping springs compressed, then buy extras that you never compress. But in any event, I shouldn't talk because I usually can't find my AR mags when I really think I need them! But my point is that his response would have been better time-wise. And I don't fault him at all, but only because the anti is bringing it up and antis are the ones that want unloaded stored firearms and magazines.
    $2.19 "Daily Deal" - ends tomorrow evening.
    Unfortunately the daily deals are limited to ONE. One is better than none.
    - 15% with discount code FALL2017
    just over $5 shipping for me
    Total $7.56

keepshooting.com

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Wayne County)

And law Enforcement wasn’t fast enough either, what a dope.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

So the LA times writer is expecting citizens to do what law enforcement and the government could not do and prevent this shooting. I guess he also does not want to admit that attackers almost have the advantage. I saw crowder's interview too and it was really informative.

(Berks County)

My God.......... I really, really HATE Liberals.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Tioga County)

(Philadelphia County)

I'd like to contact that guy and tell him how much of an asshole he is.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by TaePo View Post
    BTW, does Texas have storage laws like California? I am just curious as his mags were not loaded. And if people are concerned about 'ruining' or damaging mags by keeping springs compressed, then buy extras that you never compress. But in any event, I shouldn't talk because I usually can't find my AR mags when I really think I need them! But my point is that his response would have been better time-wise. And I don't fault him at all, but only because the anti is bringing it up and antis are the ones that want unloaded stored firearms and magazines.
    I had to think about this for a minute or two and put myself in his situation. I have a few thoughts.

If one is sitting in their house minding their own business and hear gun shots very close by, their first reaction is to probably take a look outside and see if they can see where the shots are coming from. If they're able to see, then they need to kind of figure out what's going on. Sometimes that's not always very apparent. Even if they see a stranger with a rifle shooting at people and bodies laying on the ground, it will take them a few second's to grasp what's going on and decide on a course of action, and if that's either to call the police or engage the shooter themselves.

One may have a loaded handgun ready to go (because that's a common first choice for home and away from home defense), but taking a handgun out to fight a guy with a rifle is putting one at a big disadvantage, so one may opt for grabbing a rifle (possibly out of a gun safe), which ones rifles are (possibly) stored unloaded with no loaded mag's (a preference for many, for safety reasons). One then grabs a mag and a handful of ammo, and out the door one goes.

All of this, from the time the shots are heard to getting out the door, would probably take 60-90 seconds. How many people can be shot by an active shooter in that time span, let alone how many more could be shot by the time the good guy gets his first hits on target?

This all makes perfect sense to me and only took a few minutes of thought to come to this conclusion. Ask yourself this, how many more would have been shot waiting on the police?
    Last edited by Hawk; November 10th, 2017 at 12:25 PM.
    Toujours prêt

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Hawk View Post
    I had to think about this for a minute or two and put myself in his situation. I have a few thoughts.

If one is sitting in their house minding their own business and hear gun shots very close by, their first reaction is to probably take a look outside and see if they can see where the shots are coming from. If they're able to see, then they need to kind of figure out what's going on. Sometimes that's not always very apparent. Even if they see a stranger with a rifle shooting at people and bodies laying on the ground, it will take them a few second's to grasp what's going on and decide on a course of action, and if that's either to call the police or engage the shooter themselves.

One may have a loaded handgun ready to go (because that's a common first choice for home and away from home defense), but taking a handgun out to fight a guy with a rifle is putting one at a big disadvantage, so one may opt for grabbing a rifle (possibly out of a gun safe), which ones rifles are (possibly) stored unloaded with no loaded mag's (a preference for many, for safety reasons). One then grabs a mag and a handful of ammo, and out the door one goes.

All of this, from the time the shots are heard to getting out the door, would probably take 60-90 seconds. How many people can be shot by an active shooter in that time span, let alone how many more could be shot by the time the good guy gets his first hits on target?

This all makes perfect sense to me and only took a few minutes of thought to come to this conclusion. Ask yourself this, how many more would have been shot waiting on the police?
    Yep. Based on the numbers I've seen, there were 20 more injured in the church, with possibly a number of others not yet shot? But, let's go with the low number and assume only 20 survivors total. If Willeford hadn't run to the sound of the gunfire and the killer had had that extra bit of time to load up with a different weapon, would there be 20 more deaths? Or, had Willeford not critically wounded the shooter and had let him get away without pursuing, would he have stopped at another church or maybe a Denny's a few miles down the road and repeated the same massacre? All the while the cops are following after vague "He went thataway!" instructions from whoever else might've witnessed the initial massacre. They could've chased him all across the county before finally catching up. Like Trump said, we could've had hundreds dead but for a pair of private citizens willing to respond.

Lots of what-ifs, and - thanks to Willeford and Langendorff's actions - they're what-ifs we'll never have definite answers to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12