Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default Are there any Beretta PX4 Storm owners here?

I have the opportunity to pick one of these up used at a very fair price. I’m looking for the good, bad and ugly from actual owners. My first concern is that high looking bore axis. Is that indeed something to be concerned about and what else should I know? Thanks in advance, Brian
    Last edited by bripro; November 8th, 2017 at 07:28 PM.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Berks County)

Default Re: Are there any Beretta PX4 Storm owners here?

Everything is subjective but i have one in .40. I like it. I also have a Stoger 8000 in .40 which is very similar.

This coming from a guy that has a bunch of 1911's and only one striker fired pistol. Still don't like strikers. Gonna sell that one some day.

(Monroe County)

I own a px4 storm compact in 9mm and i like mine very much. I only use mine for the range and i find it's a soft shooter. my only issue with it was the how high the sights sat on the firearm. it takes me a while to get use to them but other than that i have no complaints.

I have a full size one and I wouldn't buy it again. I don't like the DA/SA, don't like the rotating barrel, and don't like the frame.

Wish it was another G19
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags.

(Susquehanna County)

I have a PX4 full size 9mm.
    Came with a laser and when the laser died I could not hit anything at the range.
    Was almost ready to sell when I read a Beretta pro shooter write up.
    He talked about turtle-ing or dropping of head between shoulders that a lot of shooter do. Berettas are not so forgiving.
    He talked about standing straight, hold head high and raise firearm up for sight picture.. well what do you know.. back in business. also helped in shooting other firearms

I like the rotation barrel, smoothness of cycling, SA/DA with de-cocker and the all around chunky feeling when holding the pistol.. but I also have large hands.

I don't use it as my Every Day Carry because of how thick it is.. but love shooting it at the range and have it placed for home defense.
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Lancaster County)

^^ I guess I too am guilty of “turtling”. Thanks for the comments so far guys, I’m still on the fence but I’m going to experiment with holding my head higher, I don’t think the gun is going anywhere soon.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Lancaster County)

^^ I guess I too am guilty of “turtling”. Thanks for the comments so far guys, I’m still on the fence but I’m going to experiment with holding my head higher, I don’t think the gun is going anywhere soon.
    DDG-8 "Sine Timore"

(Berks County)

I own a Px4 storm compact in 9mm and a Px4 sub-compact in .40 both are tack drivers , I like them both and they are my EDC’s in all but the hottest times or when I need a deeper conceal . I have a TLR-3 mounted on the 9mm and use a Bravo concealment OWB , my subcompact rides in a crossbreed supertuck.

I am an old school DA/SA fan , I shoot them better than striker fired . My first pistol was a S&W 411 in .40 cal I got in ‘94.
    Fortuna audaces iuvat
    "Who is John Galt?"
    Deus Vult

Allegheny County, Robinson Twnshp, Pennsylvania
    (Allegheny County)

I own a compact in 9mm. Overall I like the pistol. It’s very accurate, and it has less felt recoil than my G19’s.
    There are a few downsides though. The gun is finicky with low powered ammo. The “ears” of the de cocker are a little annoying to someone that is used to glocks, M&P’s etc. Aftermarket sights are limited.

I’m glad I have mine, but that’s my .02 cents.

(Cumberland County)

I own a sub compact in 9mm and a 40 in compact. The sub compact has horrible accuracy - I have been told possibly due to size along with the barrel design? Who knows. When I first got it and was getting pissed about it I went online and read several folks with the same issue. After lots of adjustment, etc., I have it dialed in a bit, but not perfect.
    The compact 40 however has been very accurate and great to shoot! Chunky guns, but comfortable to shoot. If the price is right - go for it!
    "Tastefully Pimptastic"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast