Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutSquad View Post
    Stuck here in NJ, been looking for a house or property in Virginia for over a year. If the Dems really have taken over the VA legislature it looks like I will have to change course.

If I can ever find a new home in PA ( beyond the influence of Philadelphia ) you will have one more reliable pro-gun voter for life !
    If it comes to pass that VA gets corrupted in the NJ/NY model, follow Horace Greeley's advice and 'go west' -- West Virginia that is! There are folks that work in DC that commute by train from the WVA panhandle. Or PA is OK with us if you really vote as promised.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

(Chester County)

New Jersey will become a hellhole for those that will have to pay the freight for the added communism that will be instituted.
    Corruption is the default behavior of government officials. JPC

(Berks County)

The problem with New Jersey Liberals fleeing NJ gun laws and high taxes is that they continue to vote liberal in the new area they infect. Retarded.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by JenniferG View Post
    New Jersey will become a hellhole for those that will have to pay the freight for the added communism that will be instituted.
    With a Democrat legislature, and Democrat Governor, they will go the way of California in enacting stupid laws, higher taxes, and more nanny state policies, and watch, they will be a "sanctuary state". We will have to deal with more riff-raff coming over the border into our state. When I see NJ, and NY plates, I cringe.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berks_Iraq_Vet View Post
    The problem with New Jersey Liberals fleeing NJ gun laws and high taxes is that they continue to vote liberal in the new area they infect. Retarded.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    With a Democrat legislature, and Democrat Governor, they will go the way of California in enacting stupid laws, higher taxes, and more nanny state policies, and watch, they will be a "sanctuary state". We will have to deal with more riff-raff coming over the border into our state. When I see NJ, and NY plates, I cringe.
    We are not all that bad.

I wouldn't vote Dem in NJ, why would I vote Dem in PA?

NJ has a large gun owner population, but IMO (completely unfounded here) they are mostly the "fudd" crowd.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

(Chester County)

Does NJ have a defacto gun registry? I thought when you purchase ANY firearm in NJ, you had to notify local police. If confiscation is in the works, don't they have a list?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by birdwooddog View Post
    Does NJ have a defacto gun registry? I thought when you purchase ANY firearm in NJ, you had to notify local police. If confiscation is in the works, don't they have a list?
    Only for pistols AFAIK, the state police keep record of your pistol purchase.

Otherwise, just standard 4473
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Only for pistols AFAIK, the state police keep record of your pistol purchase.

Otherwise, just standard 4473
    This is correct. I thought the PSP kept a registry of gun purchases too. Is that not correct?

Quote Originally Posted by birdwooddog View Post
    yes and no.
    from a dealer, pistols require a permit to purchase, NICS, 4473
    from a dealer, long guns require FPID, NICS, 4473
    private party, pistol requires permit to purchase
    private party, long guns *technically* require FPID, CoE (certificate of eligibility)

so while there is SOME paperwork that the state and local police have, it's in general poorly kept.
    also the pistol permit is to PURCHASE, it's not proof of OWNERSHIP.

eta: and to cover some predictable noise with some signal:
    no, an FPID is NOT a State requirement to purchase a hand gun. technically only the permit is required. most dealers will request it anyways (redundant; it has the same info as the permit) and you can't buy pistol ammo in NJ without an FPID, so everyone I know has one.
    pistol permits are 4 part forms: State police, local police, buyer, seller. each get a part. it is on the seller to send in the state and local copies.
    on the private party long gun sale, I through the *technically* in there because the FPID of the buyer is listed on the form, both the seller and buyer are supposed to keep copies (indefinitely,) but nothing gets sent to State or local. so *technically* you could just do the PA thing of trade gun and cash and no one would know.

if you move into NJ (why!!) from out of state with your guns, you need do nothing in terms of registration or anything. you're technically supposed to comply with applicable laws with regards to evil features, pinned stocks, etc. but no one is going to come beat down your door to check. like so many other laws in this state, they're not actively enforced; you'd only get them as tag-ons for some other infraction that caused them to come grab your shit.

links:
    CoE http://www.njsp.org/firearms/pdf/sp-634.pdf
    FPID/P2P application http://www.njsp.org/firearms/pdf/sts-033.pdf
    P2P form http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-7F6pIfUL9h...rm-permits.jpg
    Last edited by sota; November 9th, 2017 at 09:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by God's Country View Post
    Yeah but they really deserve it. Anyone truly pro 2A that still lives there and expects anything to ever change either needs to accept that they're a democrat or move.
    LOL .... no. But low expectations - yes.
    Last edited by Silence Dogood; November 10th, 2017 at 07:20 AM.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast