Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 67
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    People's Republik, New Jersey
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    727870

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Dark times ahead for sure, I am being hopeful that anything he manages to pass will be stupid benign feel good crap.

    Most of what he proposed is already in place, domestic abusers cannot buy firearms, you can't have mags above 15rd, and smart gun tech is already being pursued. That and we already have a Clinton era AWB, so I feel a lil confident he won't go full Kali retarded.

    The biggest grievance he will do to gun folks is throw a excessive tax on anything firearm related, which just means folks will be headed to PA or DE for stuff. Stupid democrat logic.

    T minus three and a half years for me to move out of here.
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    308744

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    You can kiss the 15 round mags and .50 caliber anything goodbye. There is going to be more ammo restrictions and more taxation on everything gun. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they amended their AWB to further restrict AR style and like rifles. NJ is a complete liberal cesspool and it’s going to get worse. I have lived in PA my entire life but my longtime girlfriend lives in NJ and works in the guns and ammo industry. I travel there multiple times a week and it kills me to have to disarm, then have to search my truck to make sure I don’t have any NJ contraband items. NJ is a lost cause and has been for the last 50 years.

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    21474840

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by lts1ow View Post
    Dark times ahead for sure, I am being hopeful that anything he manages to pass will be stupid benign feel good crap.

    Most of what he proposed is already in place, domestic abusers cannot buy firearms, you can't have mags above 15rd, and smart gun tech is already being pursued. That and we already have a Clinton era AWB, so I feel a lil confident he won't go full Kali retarded.

    The biggest grievance he will do to gun folks is throw a excessive tax on anything firearm related, which just means folks will be headed to PA or DE for stuff. Stupid democrat logic.

    T minus three and a half years for me to move out of here.
    No, none of it will be good. The smart gun nonsense will become the law of NJ by springtime. They will claim some technology exists.

    Mag limits will be reduced to 10, maybe fewer. Draconian rules will shut down legitimate shooting ranges. Hunting will be further restricted and discouraged as Democrat animal rights activists will be put on all the game control positions. The laws will be changed to create more positions on in the Division of Fish and Wildlife to be stacked with more of the anti gunners and anti hunters. The feel good laws are going to be the worst because they have no purpose other than to harass and intimidate, and will do nothing except make owning a firearm more difficult and more likely to result in criminal prosecutions of the law abiding.

    Expect new laws treating any semi auto as an assault rifle. Confiscation is not out of the question. The only reason Democrat confiscation proposals under Christie did not advance is because they were going to be vetoed, so the Dems used their energy to push less horrible measures that Christie might sign or might damage him politically with his veto. Christie protected out-of-staters who became ensnared by NJ's laws and ambitious anti-gun Democrat prosecutors. Murphy will outright crucify them. Christie issued orders making the system work faster for those who applied for carry permits. Those orders will be overruled by Murphy or not enforced even if he lets them be. The State's NICs system through the State Police, once a disaster was improved by Christie. It will revert to how it was back in 2010, when NICs approval could take weeks. I do not believe I am exaggerating and would be happy to be wrong. Smart money is going to bet on the side of the gun grabbers, who after having been so long denied, are going to go on a binge like you cannot imagine.

    If you can accelerate the pace of your departure, you might wish to consider that. I know that it took me longer than anticipated to cut the ties and get out of Dodge. Good luck with it. If you are think PA as a destination, folks here can be helpful. They were to me. In the meantime, consider means of putting your soon-to-be banned or registered firearms safely out of reach of NJ's laws. Do not wait to respond to a new statute before planning those arrangements because it will come quickly and give you little or no time to make arrangements once it is passed.

    Between NJ, NY, CT, and MA, it is going to become nearly impossible to defend yourself anywhere in the Northeast. The Northeast Corridor on I-95 north of DC until it ends will be so bad that you will not be able to carry under FOPA and take a bio break or stop for lunch without fear of arrest and prosecution.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    21474840

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by K31 View Post
    You can kiss the 15 round mags and .50 caliber anything goodbye. There is going to be more ammo restrictions and more taxation on everything gun. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit if they amended their AWB to further restrict AR style and like rifles. NJ is a complete liberal cesspool and it’s going to get worse. I have lived in PA my entire life but my longtime girlfriend lives in NJ and works in the guns and ammo industry. I travel there multiple times a week and it kills me to have to disarm, then have to search my truck to make sure I don’t have any NJ contraband items. NJ is a lost cause and has been for the last 50 years.
    Our challenge is going to be that Wolfie, with his new SJW neighbor in NJ, is going to feel empowered to point to NJ's next round of "common sense" gun laws as the model for PA. He was never going to work with Christie. He will charge hard on this along with his Democrat allies in the Senate and Assembly and his gun grabbing AG, Josh Shapiro. We are going to have work harder than ever now to protect our rights. I know that many here resent New Jerseyans and their politics, but I would not mind having New Jersey's pro-2A refugees having sanctuary in this State. We can use all the pro-2A voters we can get.

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Lancaster, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    480
    Rep Power
    4693265

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    The new governor boasted that he telephoned Governor Brown of California and told Brown he was going to make NJ, the "California of the East Coast". Not an idle boast, since Jersey is pretty close to already.
    Agreed!
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    SEPA, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    427
    Rep Power
    308744

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    I agree, PA is going to come under fire. We are the last holdout in the Northeast surrounded by DC, MA, NJ, NY, CT. The Dems in Philly and Harrisburg lust for NJ or NY style gun control in PA. We have a lot of work to do and we can’t back down a single inch. I know a lot of people that are packing up and leaving NJ and heading back to PA for multiple reasons, all of them are gun owners with conservative values and I welcome them. The taxes in NJ are freaking ridiculous and they also tax your retirement. This is going to get worse under Murphy all while becoming a sanctuary state…

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chalfont, Pennsylvania
    (Bucks County)
    Age
    41
    Posts
    1,612
    Rep Power
    7036340

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Yea... NJ just sucks. And if the new Guv gets his way all illegals are going to be comfy and cozy knowing they are in a sanctuary state. Of course you know they are going to come across the river as well and then we're being invaded...

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    People's Republik, New Jersey
    Posts
    72
    Rep Power
    727870

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    No, none of it will be good. The smart gun nonsense will become the law of NJ by springtime. They will claim some technology exists.

    Mag limits will be reduced to 10, maybe fewer. Draconian rules will shut down legitimate shooting ranges. Hunting will be further restricted and discouraged as Democrat animal rights activists will be put on all the game control positions. The laws will be changed to create more positions on in the Division of Fish and Wildlife to be stacked with more of the anti gunners and anti hunters. The feel good laws are going to be the worst because they have no purpose other than to harass and intimidate, and will do nothing except make owning a firearm more difficult and more likely to result in criminal prosecutions of the law abiding.

    Expect new laws treating any semi auto as an assault rifle. Confiscation is not out of the question. The only reason Democrat confiscation proposals under Christie did not advance is because they were going to be vetoed, so the Dems used their energy to push less horrible measures that Christie might sign or might damage him politically with his veto. Christie protected out-of-staters who became ensnared by NJ's laws and ambitious anti-gun Democrat prosecutors. Murphy will outright crucify them. Christie issued orders making the system work faster for those who applied for carry permits. Those orders will be overruled by Murphy or not enforced even if he lets them be. The State's NICs system through the State Police, once a disaster was improved by Christie. It will revert to how it was back in 2010, when NICs approval could take weeks. I do not believe I am exaggerating and would be happy to be wrong. Smart money is going to bet on the side of the gun grabbers, who after having been so long denied, are going to go on a binge like you cannot imagine.

    If you can accelerate the pace of your departure, you might wish to consider that. I know that it took me longer than anticipated to cut the ties and get out of Dodge. Good luck with it. If you are think PA as a destination, folks here can be helpful. They were to me. In the meantime, consider means of putting your soon-to-be banned or registered firearms safely out of reach of NJ's laws. Do not wait to respond to a new statute before planning those arrangements because it will come quickly and give you little or no time to make arrangements once it is passed.

    Between NJ, NY, CT, and MA, it is going to become nearly impossible to defend yourself anywhere in the Northeast. The Northeast Corridor on I-95 north of DC until it ends will be so bad that you will not be able to carry under FOPA and take a bio break or stop for lunch without fear of arrest and prosecution.
    As I am kinda stuck here for the near future at least I am remaining hopeful and will be writing to reps.

    That being said, have actively started to look at property in Dauphin
    Una Salus Victis Nullam Sperare Salutem

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Location
    Mobile RV Unit
    Posts
    310
    Rep Power
    21474840

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    Quote Originally Posted by bigdawgbeav View Post
    Yea... NJ just sucks. And if the new Guv gets his way all illegals are going to be comfy and cozy knowing they are in a sanctuary state. Of course you know they are going to come across the river as well and then we're being invaded...
    if it gets comfy and cozy enough, maybe the flow will go the other way.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Media, Pennsylvania
    (Delaware County)
    Posts
    1,852
    Rep Power
    2604939

    Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

    New Jersey is what it is, anti gun for over 50 years.

    More stunning is the Virginia losses. The dems took the governors mansion, the senate and maybe the house, even though the republicans had a comfortable margin in the latter.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Democrat Tony Williams for Governor
    By Statkowski in forum Pennsylvania
    Replies: 46
    Last Post: April 19th, 2010, 11:18 PM
  2. When your a Democrat
    By ALS in forum General
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: November 7th, 2008, 01:47 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Local gun shops | Local shooting ranges | Philadelphia Shooting Ranges | Philadelphia Gun Shops | Pittsburgh Shooting Ranges | Pittsburgh Gun Shops