Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: NJ has a Democrat Governor

Looks all blue now.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wilderness 1864 View Post
    Bye bye 2A in NJ.

NJ Democrats pushed some of the most draconian infringements of the Second Amendment to Christie'd desk. To his credit, he vetoed most of them. He is gone and there is now a Democrat in office. The fate of NJ's firearms owners is now sealed. All these bad bills are coming back and then some. NJ Dems will try to outdo NY, CT, MD and CA.

I saw this day coming and moved to PA. Glad I did that. We have our fights here, but we have a fighting chance. NJ has none. Firearms owners traveling through NJ after January 1, 2018 had better expect nothing but trouble even while obeying the FOPA.
    Well, looks like I've shot my last match in NJ...

Quote Originally Posted by Noah_Zark View Post
    What rates has he proposed for other metals?

Noah
    Funny thing is I just noticed it and changed it then you had to go and screw it up for me. lol

Freaking auto spell!

What is just as scary is look who was elected as the DA in Philly. I am sure if you are involved in a justified self-defense shooting your ass is going to be put through the ringer. I know it is better to be tried by 12 then carried by 6 but I am sure it will be uncomfortable. And he does not support the police so they will probably be taking their time responding as they will be under the microscope too. What a shame.

(Chester County)

Looks like my in-laws are moving to Delaware very soon. I like them a lot, so that’s a good thing.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Bucks County)

PRNJ has an interesting history of voting for fuck-ups. Civil War General McLellan was a particular pita to Lincoln, who finally got rid of him. McLellan then ran for governor of New Jersey and won it.

Quote Originally Posted by philadelphia patriot View Post
    Looks like my in-laws are moving to Delaware very soon. I like them a lot, so that’s a good thing.
    My parents are planning to move next year but my mother won’t leave NJ. My father was a West Virginia boy he would leave in a heart beat.

(Delaware County)

Can’t win them all.
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

Yesterday I was in Wayne, NJ and I was at a place where everybody was doing there own thing. I notice one of those no gun signs on the building entrance and chuckled at the sign -- knowing how aggressive the laws are against the good guy with a gun in Jersey.

Then I realized that all the people in that place were mostly likely obeying the corrupt laws in Jersey and if somebody came in to rob or due great harm they were all sitting ducks. Sad.

The inflection of Jersey corrupt anti gun/knife laws will only get worse with the new governor.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyg101 View Post
    Yesterday I was in Wayne, NJ and I was at a place where everybody was doing there own thing. I notice one of those no gun signs on the building entrance and chuckled at the sign -- knowing how aggressive the laws are against the good guy with a gun in Jersey.

Then I realized that all the people in that place were mostly likely obeying the corrupt laws in Jersey and if somebody came in to rob or due great harm they were all sitting ducks. Sad.

The inflection of Jersey corrupt anti gun/knife laws will only get worse with the new governor.
    That is hilarious. Virtue signalling by the business owner for sure since it is virtually impossible to carry in NJ. Pretty much every public space in NJ (except shooting ranges) is a gun free zone and it is going to get worse under the new governor. I read a lot of the bills that did not advance when Christie was governor because the Dems knew that they were DOA at the Governor's desk. Now those pipe dreams are going to be NJ's next nightmare. Some of the worst of them were designed to root out the "gun culture" and salt over the ground. In particular, I recall one bill that made it virtually impossible for parents to teach their children how to handle firearms. It was insidious.

The new governor boasted that he telephoned Governor Brown of California and told Brown he was going to make NJ, the "California of the East Coast". Not an idle boast, since Jersey is pretty close to already.

Astute businessmen and developers in PA should be positioning themselves now to take advantage. The Murphy program is going to drive hardworking and pro-2A NJ citizens out of the state with higher taxes, less services for those that are paying for the tax bill for it all, gobs of more debt, absurd public sector pensions, rampant crime, etc. Murphy is going to form a State owned bank to fund business development. Just think of the Clinton Foundation or Obama's solar funding gifts to Democrat businesses on steroids. That bank will breed nothing but corruption, crony favoritism, "pay to play", outright bribery, improvident lending, and more debt burdens financed by the NJ taxpayer to keep that bank from failing. The outflow of decent citizens from NJ is going to be epic over the next four years. A smart governor in PA would be making it attractive to settle, build and run a business here. Unfortunately, we do not have a smart governor, so the opportunity will be wasted.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast