Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Indiana County)

Default Seeking advice on selling some rifles

Hello,

I normally go through Gunbroker. But I'm thinking of going this route. I am a finalist for a job in the state of California, so I have to start thinking about selling some of my semi-autos. Should I list them individually in the for sale section or as one big advertisement?

What I am selling are the following:

IMI Uzi Model A
    IMI Uzi Model B

Arsenal SLR 95
    Robinson VEPR 7.62x39
    TGI FEG AMD 65 (made in Hungary)

IMBEL receiver R1A1
    JLD PTR 91 A-series
    JLD PTR 91 A-series

Colt AR-15 9mm

Thank you for any advice.

Raichle 42

(Washington County)

Default Re: Seeking advice on selling some rifles

To maximize the sell price, I would invest the time to list them on gunbroker, forum classifieds, armslist, pennswoods classifieds, and some facebook "range" groups if you're on there. Facebook banned outright sales but some groups still exist where people say they want to take the gun to the range as code and then private sales go down in private messages. The more places you list the better exposure and results you will get.
    In America arms are free merchandise such that anyone who has the capital may make their houses into armories and their gardens into parks of artillery. - Ira Allen, 1796

(Bucks County)

Individually. Posts with 6 different rifles in them get confusing quick.

-Zach

(Lehigh County)

I would suggest grouping. The Uzis and the PTR-91s could share an ad, and the others should be separate. Don't forget that pictures in the ad are a real good idea, and if you post on here internally, you are limited to 5 pictures per posting. If you use an online service, that does not apply.

Good luck.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

If you don't need the money I wouldn't sell. You've got some stuff there you may never be able to replace. There's a lot of CA residents (a few are my relatives) that rent storage facilities on the Arizona side of the state line for the sole purpose of storing their firearms. Coastal SoCal residents can be in AZ in 2.5 hours and there's plenty of places to shoot.

If you're worried about the security of a storage facility try what my cousin does. He rents a large safety deposit box and stores the stripped receivers and other non CA compliant parts. Everything else is stored at his residence.

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    If you don't need the money I wouldn't sell. You've got some stuff there you may never be able to replace. There's a lot of CA residents (a few are my relatives) that rent storage facilities on the Arizona side of the state line for the sole purpose of storing their firearms. Coastal SoCal residents can be in AZ in 2.5 hours and there's plenty of places to shoot.

If you're worried about the security of a storage facility try what my cousin does. He rents a large safety deposit box and stores the stripped receivers and other non CA compliant parts. Everything else is stored at his residence.
    This is great advice. I had never thought of doing this. I really want to keep the IMI Uzis. A safe deposit box would be great for those.