Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default polymer question.

ok...being serious with this.

I am a 1911 guy, and was seriously debating making the switch. figured maybe the triggers had gotten better.

does anyone make a trigger for a polymer that is more....1911 user friendly?

the m&p trigger is crap, the 2.0 is slightly less stinky crap, and the glock's is downright abysmal. the vp was an embarrassment, the xd? yeah...we won't even go there.
    is it a matter of, you need to go aftermarket?

(irony...I think I may end up coming home with a dan Wesson valor...after shopping for a polymer)
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: polymer question.

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post

I am a 1911 guy, and was seriously debating making the switch. figured maybe the triggers had gotten better.

the m&p trigger is crap, the 2.0 is slightly less stinky crap, and the glock's is downright abysmal. the vp was an embarrassment, the xd? yeah...we won't even go there.

(irony...I think I may end up coming home with a dan Wesson valor...after shopping for a polymer)
    Does it have to be a striker fired polymer? Take a look at a CZ, Sig, or HK for hammer polymer guns.

As far as striker fired polymer guns go, PPQ has the best trigger to me. That's coming from an HK fan and VP9 owner.

(Beaver County)

Do you know anyone with a FN? I can't speak for all models, but the FNX45T has a phenomenal trigger. It is very smooth.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post

Why don't you just look into hammer fired polymer guns? Although you will have a tough time finding as DA/SA with a trigger comparable to a 1911.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by glc View Post
    Do you know anyone with a FN? I can't speak for all models, but the FNX45T has a phenomenal trigger. It is very smooth.
    The trigger on my FNS40c is also very smooth.

(Bucks County)

^^^ will be looking into fnx in next couple of days.

owned a usp, and a, sp2022 (40 and 9 respectively)

usp was mammoth. (yeah...1911 shooter saying that) ran well, just big.

sig was not really impressive. every shot, I wondered why I bought it.

real reasons I was thinking about polymer were capacity and weight.

I guess I was looking for something that doesn't currently exist. like, a kit that would make a polymer striker fired trigger break like a 1911 without the mile and a half of travel.

will be looking into the fnx line.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Jefferson County)

A polymer gun like a 1911.... How about a poly-1911? https://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/...11P+45ACP+POLY

I think Springfield made one about a decade ago too.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

The New Gen 5 Glock trigger is better then the older versions however both the M&P and Glock will benefit with a carry trigger from Apex. Then there is the CZP10-C which has a very nice trigger right out of the box. You could probably pick up a used polly 9 of any flavor and add a aftermarket carry trigger and still be under the new MSRP price.

You will NEVER find a striker fired pistol that feels like a good 1911 trigger. Being a good shooter, you should be able to learn the platform and shoot it well as a defensive pistol. If you want a range gun, a polymer striker fired pistol isn't for you.

(Bucks County)

CZ's and the polymer facsimile's have good triggers in SA.

I don't mind the XD/XDM trigger. I find them to be very accurate. My XDM40 and the wife's XD9SC are freakin' tack drivers.

A 1911 was my first pistol and still my favorite, but I usually carry a double stack polymer or a single stack pocket 9.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast