NOTE: Active Philadelphia Police Officers are prohibited from possessing License to Carry. The Commanding Officer, Recruit Division, will ensure that all police recruits relinquish any License to Carry that may have been issued to them prior to beginning their recruit training.

The above directive tells Philadelphia police officers that they cannot hold a LCTF while they are an active police officer. You may ask why would this matter because police officers are exempt from LTCF regulations and also have LEOSA as well. Well when I was a municipal police officer in PA during the 1980s, the first thing told to me by my training officer was to obtain a LTCF immediately. The rationale was that if you were suspended, your police powers were also suspended and you could carry for self defense until reinstated. I did obtain a gun permit and have had one ever since.

This may be one of the reasons that Philly police hate issuing LTCFs to non LEOs. They don't want you to have what they may not be able to get.