Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Ruger American Rifmire Target

I am looking for a new .22 bolt action rifle and am interested in the Ruger American Rimfire Target. I want the laminate stock and heavy barrel. Does anyone have anything good or bad to say about this rifle?
    Jules

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Ruger American Rifmire Target

I don't have the target model. But it is a huge plus that it takes 10/22 magazines. Aside from my standard model being sighted in way left from the factory, I dig it. The target model didn't have sights anyway.

-Zach

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I don't have the target model. But it is a huge plus that it takes 10/22 magazines. Aside from my standard model being sighted in way left from the factory, I dig it. The target model didn't have sights anyway.

-Zach
    Yes, 10/22 rotary magazine is a big plus. Thanks.

(Bucks County)

For as much fun as it is to have a bx25 in there, the flush mount 10 round magazine is ideal for bench shooting.

The trigger out of the box is nice and can also be adjusted down from there. I've heard reports (but have not tried it myself) that some users are removing the trigger spring entirely and letting the safety blade reset the trigger.

I'd think this would be a slower reset but a much lighter pull.

-Zach

(Lancaster County)

I have an American Rimfire Compact with the Williams peep sights. Very accurate. The trigger is fine and had a nice break. Once you put a few hundred rounds through it, the bolt smooths up nicely. I enjoy mine quite a bit.

Well, I finally pulled the trigger. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend. CCI Quiets and the SilencerCo Sparrow should make for an interesting range trip.

(Lancaster County)

Great to see some good glass on that rifle, keep us posted on some 50 & 100 yard groups.

Quote Originally Posted by slickracer View Post
    Great to see some good glass on that rifle, keep us posted on some 50 & 100 yard groups.
    It's a bottom of the line Leupold, but I want to give it the best chance to shoot to its full potential without outspending its potential at the same time. The point of diminishing returns is probably pretty close to what I have here at the present. I have some CCI, Wolf Extra Match, Federal Target and unknown Eley for groups after I get it sighted in. I really bought it to handle CCI quiet with the suppressor. The kids will love shooting it. I'll be sure to post up some targets after I get it dialed in. I am waiting for some nicer weather to get out.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by ar15jules View Post
    Well, I finally pulled the trigger. Can't wait to shoot it this weekend. CCI Quiets and the SilencerCo Sparrow should make for an interesting range trip.

That is a beautiful rifle. I have all handguns and rifles would be new to me. Thinking of Ruger 10/22, 10/22 takedown, or something like this. What would be the max distance for this? Thanks and enjoy!!
    Eddie

Quote Originally Posted by Twospot View Post
    That is a beautiful rifle. I have all handguns and rifles would be new to me. Thinking of Ruger 10/22, 10/22 takedown, or something like this. What would be the max distance for this? Thanks and enjoy!!
    I probably will never shoot at any targets beyond 100 yards. Switching from sub sonic to sonic rounds requires quite a bit of scope adjustment and the wind wreaks havoc on 36 and 40 grain projectiles. This rifle uses 10/22 magazines which is nice. A 10/22 takedown with threaded barrel is next on my list. Go with the 10/22. Everyone needs at least one!