Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Lebanon County)

Default lee precision good stuff.

so I'm de-capping/sizing some surplus once fired 7.62 brass. some pieces are fairly close to size and go easy...others clearly came out of a loose machine gun, and require a good bit of force to get resized. about 75 pieces in on this 100 pc lot I'm working on, when CRACK something gives. didn't take me long to figure out what happened. figure a quick trip to the garage and I'll have it welded up and back in bidness. ten minutes later I'm holding all the pieces, as the toggle is broke in two, not just cracked...still no problem....till i see they are cast....no welding today.
    a quick glance at lee's web sight in re-guards to their warranty says I'm eight years too late for that.
    some more poking says i can order the required parts plus a few others for cheap money. decide not to even bother with trying to warranty anything. when i go to checkout everything in my cart is now labeled as no charge...short of a 5 dollar handling charge.
    so yeah, well played Lee, well played.
    and as another plus, the toggles are reversible, so the broken right one, is now on the left side....and i finished the last 25 some pieces as if nothing was wrong.
    it's only metal, we can out think it....

(Berks County)

Default Re: lee precision good stuff.

I've had great success with Lee products as well. They are the best way to start up a hobby without spending a fortune. I started with a Lee single stage press and Lee dies. Added a Hornady progressive and last year a Lee turret press that is my favorite because it's easier to switch the 9 different calibers. I also recently started casting bullets and again went with Lee. If I mess up a mold somehow, I can just throw it out and spend $25 on a new one. Most importantly, I can have just as much fun as anyone who has the top of the line equipment.

(Bucks County)

Sounds like the LEE single press I picked up for $20 at a gun show. The cast aluminum pieces are two halves bolted together, warped and a little broken but the toggle part is not upset. I wrapped electrical tape around the lever arm (which has a wooden ball for the handle) and when I tightened the halves on the round bar it bit into the tape and holds fine. I've been getting a lot of use out of it and like it a lot.

Lee Reloading Products are like a "gateway" drug into the world of reloading. Inexpensive to get you started, then your hooked on the other companies products. IMHO, All the other reloading companies should pay Lee a fee, for giving most people a cheap and economical way to get involved in reloading.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by OldSchoolRanger View Post
    Lee Reloading Products are like a "gateway" drug into the world of reloading. Inexpensive to get you started, then your hooked on the other companies products. IMHO, All the other reloading companies should pay Lee a fee, for giving most people a cheap and economical way to get involved in reloading.
    Please look at the dates of threads before replying to them. This thread is 2 years old, as was the last one.

It was still interesting to read