Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default ACSO LTCF Renewal Report (4/3/2018)

Short Version:
    In and out in 5 minutes. I thanked them for their professionalism.

Long Version:
    First time renewal, for a license issued by another county. I renewed three days before expiration. They treated it as “new” since not issued by them, but did pull up my info and did not require references, like they do for a truly new one. They took old doc to shreds and gave me new one in 5 mins or less. I got there when they opened at 8am and was #2 in line, on a rather rainy Tuesday morning. They had two people serving customers and one guy doing something else...maybe supervisor. Only two customers allowed in office at the same time. Fun facts: he said they get steady traffic all day long and revoke 10 to 15 per day for one reason or another.

Bitching and Moaning:
    You knew it was coming. It took me 15 minutes to get downtown from home. Took me 12 minutes to find a parking spot..including two trips down one way streets. Decided to download the Pgh Go Mobile parking meter app to use that to pay. Of course it crashed when I put in the zone number. So I downloaded the Park Mobile app which “powers” they customized Pgh Go Mobile app. It worked fine...and to my surprise it let you put in fractional time to save money too. I will review that in more detail later. Anyway, once I was out of my car, it was 19 minutes before I got back to my car...5 of that was in the Sheriff’s Office, the rest was walking back and forth in the rain.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: ACSO LTCF Renewal Report (4/3/2018)

April rain can be very humbling...
    For those who've never fought for it, the price of freedom shall never be known.

(Bucks County)

Think of the soldiers in Valley Forge in winter with rags for footwear and very hungry to boot (no pun), just so you could have a country that has a 2nd amendment that says you have the God-given right to bear arms. Oh....wait....

(Allegheny County)

Try harder.

(Susquehanna County)

Just renewed mine in Susquehanna County yesterday.. plenty of parking that costs $0.25 for 2 hours LOL..
    walked in the new entrance, through security.
    Turned in paperwork, handed over old LTCF, PA Drivers license, a crisp $20 bill
    He handed that to the clerk, had me sit, tool a digi pic and had me sign on an electronic pad.
    Stood up and clerk handed me my old LTCF and license back and said it will take a minute or 2
    Hung around in hallway looking at bulletin boards.. about 10 minutes the deputy came out all apologetic, said the system in Harrisburg as acting up..
    handed me my new license and thanked me for having a LTCF
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

(Allegheny County)

"ACSO"? That's a new one.

I'm surprised you didn't complain that he made small talk since that isn't what you went there for.

"Parking" is really the only negative I can think of regarding the Allegheny county office.
    Having someone drop you off while they circle the block is the least stressful way - well except for the person who is trying to circle the block.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Short Version:

Bitching and Moaning:
    You knew it was coming. It took me 15 minutes to get downtown from home. Took me 12 minutes to find a parking spot..including two trips down one way streets. Decided to download the Pgh Go Mobile parking meter app to use that to pay. Of course it crashed when I put in the zone number. So I downloaded the Park Mobile app which “powers” they customized Pgh Go Mobile app. It worked fine...and to my surprise it let you put in fractional time to save money too. I will review that in more detail later. Anyway, once I was out of my car, it was 19 minutes before I got back to my car...5 of that was in the Sheriff’s Office, the rest was walking back and forth in the rain.
    I just park in the Manor garage. I just renewed mine, parked quickly, walked five minutes to the sheriff's office, processing in five minutes, then walked five minutes back to car and gone. Easy.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    "ACSO"? That's a new one.
    That is what they call themselves:

http://www.sheriffalleghenycounty.com/firearms.html

0C3B9862-F8F4-4C24-8FEF-244410FC6FB4.jpg

I'm surprised you didn't complain that he made small talk since that isn't what you went there for.
    It would seem that you surprise easily.
    Last edited by free; April 3rd, 2018 at 08:02 PM.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Holster View Post
    I just park in the Manor garage.
    Not Sure where that is, but I avoid parking garages anyway, since my vehicle sometimes hits the clearance bar on the way in.

(Montgomery County)

Glad you had a nice experience.

Montgomery County claims to be so understaffed that they won't offer same day service at all anymore starting next month.

As it was, I had the option of drop off and come back another day or wait 3 hours for same day.

I had my son with me, so I did the drop off. License doesn't expire until the end of the month, I'm going to pick it up early next week.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast