Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Question New Hampshire Non Resident

Just a quick question, I'm a Jersey resident and have a Utah and a Arizona CCW permits which are no longer valid in Pa. I was told that Pa. only accepts Texas Non Resident permits. New Hampshire's web site states that Pa. accepts New Hampshire Non Resident permits. It also states that you no longer need a permit from your home state to be issued a non resident permit in accordance with the State supreme court ruling as of 10/16. I was just curious because their were posting on this forum that New Hampshire was a no go in Pa. The cost is 100.00 for 4 years.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: New Hampshire Non Resident

I think you are right about NH. Check handgunlaw.us.

Remember, as a non-PA resident you can open carry in PA (outside of Philly) with any carry permit from any state, since it will cover you in the car.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

I'm a New York resident. I have a NH nonresident permit because my other half has residence there.

I emailed the Pa Attorney General's office in October for clarification. They confirmed that a NH nonresident permit is honored in Pennsylvania. It does not work the other way around though. You must be a resident of Pa to carry in NH on a Pa permit.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by Campy View Post
    Just a quick question, I'm a Jersey resident and have a Utah and a Arizona CCW permits which are no longer valid in Pa. I was told that Pa. only accepts Texas Non Resident permits. New Hampshire's web site states that Pa. accepts New Hampshire Non Resident permits. It also states that you no longer need a permit from your home state to be issued a non resident permit in accordance with the State supreme court ruling as of 10/16. I was just curious because their were posting on this forum that New Hampshire was a no go in Pa. The cost is 100.00 for 4 years.
    Just bear in mind that, if you are transporting a handgun there are significant legal risks during the NJ portions of your route - you need to either have an NJ CCW (other state CCWs are not recognized) or qualify for an exemption under NJSA 2C:39-6.

Some further discussion and links to similar threads on the question:
    http://forum.pafoa.org/showthread.php?t=140698
    IANAL

Thanks for the info, New Hampshire no longer requires Non Residents to produce a home state CCW. Pa. does recognize non resident N.H. ccw's. The up date is posted on the N. H. State Police web site. Sent out application on the 17th of Jan. Will keep you up dated on the result.

(Northampton County)

State police websites are notorious for providing false or confusing information about gun laws and policies. As are all police and police organizations. It's OK to see what they have to say, but check multiple sources. Handgunlaw.us is a good one.
    http://forum.pafoa.org/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5230&dateline=1441069  448

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    I think you are right about NH. Check handgunlaw.us.

Remember, as a non-PA resident you can open carry in PA (outside of Philly) with any carry permit from any state, since it will cover you in the car.
    Except during a declared State of Emergency (which seems more often than not, the last few years) or within a school zone, or....

The 6107(a) State of Emergency prohibition doesn't apply to 6106(b)(11) car carry because 6107(a)(2) exempts 6106(b) exceptions, so non-PA residents can still carry in a vehicle under a non-PA CCW during a state of emergency. The GFSZA, though, pretty much requires an LTCF.

Also, here is the NH reciprocity agreement if anyone's interested: https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo..._Agreement.pdf
    NRA Benefactor

(Mifflin County)

Quote Originally Posted by nothan View Post
    The 6107(a) State of Emergency prohibition doesn't apply to 6106(b)(11) car carry because 6107(a)(2) exempts 6106(b) exceptions, so non-PA residents can still carry in a vehicle under a non-PA CCW during a state of emergency. The GFSZA, though, pretty much requires an LTCF.
    I was referring to the open carry part, not the vehicle part.

(Cumberland County)

A friend of mine who still lives in PRNJ brought this to my attention yesterday.

Link to the reciprocity agreement below:
    https://www.attorneygeneral.gov/uplo..._Agreement.pdf

I guess the bitch missed one.
    Soap Box - Worn out : Ballot Box - Broken : Jury Box - Pending : Ammunition Box - Unknown

Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast