Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: Carry Permit With You

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    But can't you view LTCF information on the computer in your car or calling it into dispatch? What's the point of having that information accessible if cops aren't going to use it?
    Zing!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

I am applying for my Conceal Carry permit when I return from my deployment overseas. Is it just a card? If it is, then is it easy just to put in your wallet?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    I am applying for my Conceal Carry permit when I return from my deployment overseas. Is it just a card? If it is, then is it easy just to put in your wallet?
    In before the LTCF Nazis correct your faux pas.

Thanks for your service and stay safe!

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by Stickler View Post
    It's the size of a credit card.

I don't own a wallet.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Indiana County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    It's the size of a credit card.

I don't own a wallet.
    Okay, so stick it in your purse.

(Jefferson County)

Keep this in mind...

If you don't produce it when demanded, can you afford bail to retrieve it for the M1 or F3 charge that you are sitting in lockup for?

And if you cannot afford bail, how are you going to retrieve the LTCF to prove being licensed before the preliminary hearing?

I don't know what some of you guy's problem is... ...you can carry a 10oz to 3lb handgun, but you cant carry a <1oz LTCF?
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    Keep this in mind...

If you don't produce it when demanded, can you afford bail to retrieve it for the M1 or F3 charge that you are sitting in lockup for?

And if you cannot afford bail, how are you going to retrieve the LTCF to prove being licensed before the preliminary hearing?

I don't know what some of you guy's problem is... ...you can carry a 10oz to 3lb handgun, but you cant carry a <1oz LTCF?
    My feeling is that the law needs to be updated that you don't need to produce the actual card upon demand, just so that they can verify that you are indeed licensed, same as can be done with DL's and Car Registration. Just having the card doesn't mean that your LTCF is any good, it could have been revoked and you might still have the card. Any time you give a cop your LTCF they're going to call it in anyway just to make sure it's valid. So there really shouldn't be a need anymore to produce the card upon demand, other than the idea that cops like to hassle gun owners.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    My feeling is that the law needs to be updated that you don't need to produce the actual card upon demand, just so that they can verify that you are indeed licensed, same as can be done with DL's and Car Registration. Just having the card doesn't mean that your LTCF is any good, it could have been revoked and you might still have the card. Any time you give a cop your LTCF they're going to call it in anyway just to make sure it's valid. So there really shouldn't be a need anymore to produce the card upon demand, other than the idea that cops like to hassle gun owners.
    We shouldn't need a LTCF. ..we should be Constitutional Carry. But until then, or until the law is fixed as you describe, carrying a LTCF is a must if you don't want to risk jail, or possibly prison if you cannot retrieve your LTCF because of being locked up.

Under present law, there are really few reason not to be carrying it while carrying concealed or in a vehicle. ...mostly limited to: you just lost it, you are going to be in water, you are going to be on fire. If in a vehicle you really have no excuse at all(except just lost it).
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Berks County)

Default Re: Carrying permit card?

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Haha!

I guess one's amount of responsibility depends on who is grading it.

For reason's I don't need to explain to anyone here, I've found myself out and about without either one on a few occasions.
    It wasn't intentional, but it happens.
    Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    There are legitimate reasons to not carry the actual ltcf with you at all times.
    I know anyone can forget some things once in a while. But if you're carrying a firearm, your level of responsibility should be higher than those who are not, and having your LTCF should be part of that. Not carrying? By all means leave it at home.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789