Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (York County)

Default Re: Carry Permit With You

I have no idea 'what would happen' without the actual physical LTCF.

Having said that, for safety's sake, I carry the actual card in my wallet, a color copy of it in my 'registration and insurance' pouch on the right-side sun-visor in my car, and a photo of it on my phone.
    DGAF

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Delkal View Post
    I think it is perfectly clear what will happen to you if you don't have the actual license.
    Yeh, I think it's more prudent to carry the card. Getting arrested can ruin your whole day. Especially the oatmeal for breakfast. lol

(Montgomery County)

I too keep photo's of important documents, including my D/L and LTCF on my phone.
    I have left the house on occasion without my wallet. I have left the house on occasion without my phone.
    I don't think I've left without both.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post
    I too keep photo's of important documents, including my D/L and LTCF on my phone.
    I have left the house on occasion without my wallet. I have left the house on occasion without my phone.
    I don't think I've left without both.
    And if you did leave without both, having a 'copy' in your glovebox would be a good fallback.

Not critiquing your efforts; Just saying mo betta. Hell, gluing a copy to the headliner wouldn't be a bad idea. Stick one under your seat. Keep an image in your Google Drive in case your phone's memory card fails. Clamp one on top of your air filter. Ain't no harm in over-preparation where the popo is concerned.

Worst they can say is "not good enough" and then you have ample evidence of your 'compliance' in court.

Phil may disagree (but I bet he don't), and I'm guessing the original is the first/best line of defense no matter what. But IMHO any lawyer would be happier the more you can 'produce' your LTCF. Can't really imagine anyone actually getting truly ph*ed up after saying "I presented three copies to the officer"...
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

On my permit the back has the Bucks County sherriff`s info.

(Allegheny County)

Allegheny County has the sheriffs contact info on the back along with the statement that firearms are not permitted at airports and federal government facilities. As for carrying the card, in my wallet next my drivers license. I don't know if a photo of the license would work, don't care, I simply carry the card. I follow the principle of Occam's Razor, look to the simplest solution first.

(Philadelphia County)

Some relevant info for the thread & question at hand:

1. Philadelphia LTCF cards are issued with a "Dear Licensee: Congratulations!" letter signed by the police commissioner with some info and guidelines regarding carry responsibilities. In this letter, section 4 "Pennsylvania License to Carry Firearms", the first sentence verbatim is
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard J. Ross, Jr., Police Commissioner, Philadelphia Police Department
    When carrying a loaded firearm on your person or in a vehicle, you MUST also always have in your possession your original LTCF.
    Emphasis in original doc. Notice text specifies "your original LTCF".

2. I recently lost my LTCF card and went in to 660 E. Erie to apply for a replacement with the supporting incident number from my local district. I asked the officer who processed my request if I could carry with a copy of my original LTCF card, he said "No, you could get arrested."

Of course, the above does not tell us exactly what would happen if someone were stopped while carrying with only a photocopy of their LTCF card. Proceed at your own risk.

(Erie County)

§ 6122. Proof of license and exception.
    (a) General rule.--When carrying a firearm concealed on or about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure.
    Under this section, it states the license. If an officer feels a copy is not good enough, then you will be arrested. The judge might ask that officer why the copy was not good enough.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aggies Coach View Post
    Cause white people are awesome. Happy now......LOL.

(Bucks County)

Seems if a LEO can query the PSP ROS and conduct an investigation accordingly, the LTCF files should be just as available.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gun View Post
    Under this section, it states the license. If an officer feels a copy is not good enough, then you will be arrested. The judge might ask that officer why the copy was not good enough.
    Hell if you show the original you might get arrested.
    troll Free. It's all in your mind.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast