Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Feeling Unprepared for This Tuesday, November 7

Quote Originally Posted by Jhaydeno View Post
    Absolutely, vote NO. The change only gives the district the OPTION to reduce taxes, which we know they won't do. What it does is opens the door for the state to levy additional taxes under the guise of helping education (since they can't balance a budget). When the state does that, they will keep a share for additional projects and personnel, and you can bet the rest of those funds won't be doled out in your districts: over 50% will go to the bottom dozen or so of 500 districts, like Chester, Reading, and York.

The net/net is we will all pay more if you vote yes.
    I started a thread on this ballot question a few weeks ago which has a pretty mixed response. I'm for smaller government and lower taxes but I still don't know which is the best way to vote on this...
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    I started a thread on this ballot question a few weeks ago which has a pretty mixed response. I'm for smaller government and lower taxes but I still don't know which is the best way to vote on this...
    Do you really believe the state, which hasn't put forth a budget, much less a balanced one, in years, is going to:

A) raise taxes only enough to fund the schools?
    B) distribute the funding fairly (whatever your definition is)?

PA's government is a mess: way too large and the second most expensive in the country. Why would we put more food on their plate?

What school board in their right mind is going to take state money, that will surely come with strings, the amounts will vary yearly depending on who is in power, and give up power and predictability of funding?

My personal opinion is this is only a shiny token for the people and nothing more than a finger in a collapsing dike. PA needs true ground up property tax reform. I've got some great ideas too, but this isn't the time or the place.
    Resistance to tyrants is obedience to God.

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    The judges should be our main focus this election. We need to get Mundy elected to the PA Supreme Court, and get as many pro gun judges as we can in the other judiciary levels.
    PRO gun judges at the state level are a good thing.

(Elk County)

Quote Originally Posted by truecrimson View Post
    The judges should be our main focus this election. We need to get Mundy elected to the PA Supreme Court, and get as many pro gun judges as we can in the other judiciary levels.

Mundy? But the election's on Tuesdy!

Noah
    Wisdom and knowledge shall be the stability of thy times.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by jgalen0025 View Post
    I am usually prepared for these elections but with work travel and a new baby (life), I haven't been able to do research on the candidates for this election. Anyone have the low down on who we should be voting for this time around considering the latest traitor republican scandal regarding HB599. (registered republican in Montgomery county)
    Any help would be greatly appreciated...
    Thanks!
    it is sad that there are no suitable candidates almost all of the races, especially at the [Montgomery] county level.
    We have been losing Montgomery County to the influx from NJ, NY, and MD for many years.
    As the Liberal population increases in Montgomery County, the Conservatives have been moving north, west, and south into Conservative voting districts.

It's not a total loss.
    We still need to do our part and VOTE in every election.

We are taking losses in Pennsylvania because most gun owners don't vote, just like most of the US Conservative silent majority does not vote.
    Almost every US election in recent history has been decided by a contest between less than half of the voting population.
    This means that almost everything from the President on down has been voted into office by about 1/4 of the total voting population.

If you are disturbed by this, and you should be, then get involved and do something about it.
    For every 100,000 people there is maybe 1 person that actually stands up and says they are going to help solve the problem.
    Many Conservatives are too busy working and raising a family, and they don't have the time to get involved.
    But most of the Conservative silent majority simply does not care enough to get involved, or even to vote at all.

There are an estimated 100,000,000 gun owners in the United States.
    If every gun owner voted in every election, we would be the largest and strongest political lobby in the entire country, bar none.
    This informal semi engaged population is where the NRA gets its power from.
    Many gun owners that do not get actively involved, still look to the NRA and other Conservative groups for political information and guidance.

This website (PAFOA) can be an excellent tool to organize the gun owners of Pennsylvania into a massive Conservative political lobby.
    PAFOA has yet to reach its political potential because it needs volunteers who are willing to stand up and get involved.
    If you want to help protect the Second Amendment in Pennsylvania, then send me a message on this forum.
    Stand up, get involved, make a difference, and help protect your Second Amendment Rights.
    And above all else, please VOTE!
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Berncly View Post
    We have been losing Montgomery County to the influx from NJ, NY, and MD for many years.
    As the Liberal population increases in Montgomery County, the Conservatives have been moving north, west, and south into Conservative voting districts.

It's not a total loss.
    We still need to do our part and VOTE in every election.

We are taking losses in Pennsylvania because most gun owners don't vote, just like most of the US Conservative silent majority does not vote.
    Almost every US election in recent history has been decided by a contest between less than half of the voting population.
    This means that almost everything from the President on down has been voted into office by about 1/4 of the total voting population.

If you are disturbed by this, and you should be, then get involved and do something about it.
    For every 100,000 people there is maybe 1 person that actually stands up and says they are going to help solve the problem.
    Many Conservatives are too busy working and raising a family, and they don't have the time to get involved.
    But most of the Conservative silent majority simply does not care enough to get involved, or even to vote at all.

There are an estimated 100,000,000 gun owners in the United States.
    If every gun owner voted in every election, we would be the largest and strongest political lobby in the entire country, bar none.
    This informal semi engaged population is where the NRA gets its power from.
    Many gun owners that do not get actively involved, still look to the NRA and other Conservative groups for political information and guidance.

This website (PAFOA) can be an excellent tool to organize the gun owners of Pennsylvania into a massive Conservative political lobby.
    PAFOA has yet to reach its political potential because it needs volunteers who are willing to stand up and get involved.
    If you want to help protect the Second Amendment in Pennsylvania, then send me a message on this forum.
    Stand up, get involved, make a difference, and help protect your Second Amendment Rights.
    And above all else, please VOTE!
    Well said!!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123