Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 10mm worth it?

(Armstrong County)

Default Re: 10mm worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    DE= Delta elite. Sorry for confusion. I did own a Ruger Alaskan in 454 for a while. Cool gun
    I think you missed the second part of his post. He was referring to himself about the .50AE. the point is, if you want one, that's enough justification.

(Beaver County)

While I love the 10mm ( I own 3) my new found glory is the 9x25 Dillon. 10mm necked to 9mm. A 125 grain pill at 1700 FPS out of a 5" barrrel. Thing shoots like a freakin laser beam.

So in the end buy it. You want it you buy it. Simple as that.
    www.Steelvalleycasting.com is your new home for coated bullets and custom ammo.

(Perry County)

Buy it. I regret selling mine even though I own several 10mm pistols. The 10mm is like heroin. You'll keep feeding the addiction once you start.

I have some Sig ammo which is very spicy. A noticeable difference from the standard makers and their .40 S&W long loadings. My next one will be a Dan Wesson/CZ Bruin with 6" barrel.

"A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Clearfield County)

Personally I don't get the point of a single stack 10mm. You can have a pistol with 15 rounds of that shit, why would you want one with 9?

No offense meant, raxar.

That's why.

(Armstrong County)

Quote Originally Posted by P89 View Post
    No offense meant, raxar.

That's why.
    your meme doesn't make sense

he doesn't get why get a single stack of 10mm instead of double stack 10mm. raxar isn't advocating against 10mm... it's actually the opposite... raxar is supporting MORE 10mm....

Quote Originally Posted by danhr View Post
    your meme doesn't make sense

he doesn't get why get a single stack of 10mm instead of double stack 10mm. raxar isn't advocating against 10mm... it's actually the opposite... raxar is supporting MORE 10mm....
    I didn't make that meme but didn't want it to be confused the other way either.
    It was simply to show what the different rounds do in ballistic gel and why 10mm is so popular.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by raxar View Post
    Personally I don't get the point of a single stack 10mm. You can have a pistol with 15 rounds of that shit, why would you want one with 9?
    *I* shoot single-stack because I have short fingers (freaking wide hands, but short fingers) and I have difficulty manipulating the controls on wider platforms.

My 2¢
    YMMV
    etc...

(Bucks County)

I freely admit, I am a 1911 shooter. That is not because of my dislike towards a particular manufacturer or another, it is because I am a 1911 shooter. That being said, yes, I own a 10mm 1911. I really enjoyed shooting it that particular pistol. I do not find The Recoil objectionable, in fact I would put it on par with Full House 357 Magnum. The only real downside I see with 10 mm, is the fact that the ammunition is ridiculously expensive. If you reload, you will find 10mm to be an exceptionally enjoyable round. Granted, this is just my opinion.
    There is no greater sorrow than to recall in misery the time when we were happy - Dante.

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by jakebrake View Post
    If you reload, you will find 10mm to be an exceptionally enjoyable round. Granted, this is just my opinion.
    Until you have to spend 15 minutes after each mag trying to find every last fired casing

MOTHER FUCKING GRASS!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast