Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Threaded View

(Chester County)

Default NRA Board of Directors 2018 - Voting Members Step on In

Good afternoon guys, for those of you that don't know me, I'm Adam Kraut. I figured it was probably time I start a thread here on PAFOA for the NRA Board of Directors election coming up this year.

Last year, I ran by petition of the members and ended up coming shy of the number of votes needed in the mail in ballot. Since a number of individuals had told me they joined as life members just to vote for me, I campaigned at the annual meeting and fell short by 60 votes. No small feat given that there were just over 2,000 ballots cast (the year prior was only 1,200) and I wasn't pushing people to the polling station on Thursday.

The bylaw changes that went into effect last year raised the number of signatures required to be placed on the ballot. Once again, I have run by petition of the members and gathered enough signatures to be placed on the ballot.

This thread will be for a Q&A, suggestions, thoughts, etc., and to hopefully explain how the Board works to better inform you, the members.

One of the biggest questions I'm asked is, what I will do when if I'm elected. Given the Board is comprised of 76 members, I don't believe, nor have I ever said, that I'd be able to wave a magic wand and unilaterally make changes. I do believe that I have the capacity to listen to others, incorporate their ideas (if warranted and appropriate) and make suggestions in a manner that would allow everyone to help move the organization forward.

Since an election to the Board is not guaranteed, I thought I'd start out by introducing some proposed bylaw changes which would restore accountability to the Members.

You can find information and the petitions on my website. http://www.adamkraut.com/nra-bylaw-amendments/

Hopefully we can have a civil discussion in this thread and I look forward to chatting with you folks.

We can also discuss who has been attending and who has not.

Last edited by SuperMoose; November 12th, 2017 at 04:55 PM.