Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: NRA Board of Directors 2018 - Voting Members Step on In

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyg101 View Post
    What power does a NRA board member have since they share their power with other members on the board?
    Individually? 1 vote. They can't unilaterally decide the NRA is going to do something, if that is what you're asking.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by SuperMoose View Post
    Update with attendance records of the various Board members.
    Sad that many are useless. Somewhat surprised too many don't care about doing the job.

(York County)

What power does a NRA board member have since they share their power with other members on the board?
    The more relevant question to me is what power does the NRA board have?

Example: If a majority of the members of the board support "position X" does that stick? Or do the 'bureacratic' employees of NRA have the power to ignore / override / dispute that?

In other words, if the board says "X" and Wayne LaPierre says "Y", who wins?

My interest in / support of individual board members depends very much on the answer to that. If the answer is anything other than 'the Board 100% definitively wins and Wayne has to do what we say like it or not.' then I don't much care about the Board. Sorry to sound crass, but if the Board doesn't have 'ruling authority' then who cares who's on the Board? I'm not interested in supporting/promoting mere 'influencers'...

Having said that, I do truly appreciate the simple fact of you engaging here with us. That certainly gains you a 'thumbs up' from me, @SuperMoose

KC
    Last edited by KCJones; November 12th, 2017 at 08:00 PM.
    DGAF

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post

Example: If a majority of the members of the board support "position X" does that stick? Or do the 'bureacratic' employees of NRA have the power to ignore / override / dispute that?

My interest in / support of individual board members depends very much on the answer to that. If the answer is anything other than 'the Board 100% definitively wins and Wayne has to do what we say like it or not.' then I don't much care about the Board. Sorry to sound crass, but if the Board doesn't have 'ruling authority' then who cares who's on the Board? I'm not interested in supporting/promoting mere 'influencers'...

Having said that, I do truly appreciate the simple fact of you engaging here with us. That certainly gains you a 'thumbs up' from me, @SuperMoose

KC
    From what I know the NRA board of directors are figure heads with no power. They are simply figure heads. The people in the appointed positions (business positions) have authority/power that can over rule board members -- who do not have true authority or power. The board members where stripped of their executive power in the late 70's.

There is no way (to my knowledge) to know if any vote that a NRA member cast actually went to who they voted for. NRA wont allow an audit or verification of a vote count. There has never been a successful petition to gain access to votes for board members.

The one action that seems to best motivate the power brokers of the NRA is the loss of membership and lack of financial contributions.
    Last edited by vinnyg101; November 13th, 2017 at 09:02 PM.
    Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

Quote Originally Posted by KCJones View Post

KC

Ask Pete Brownell that question he should have the answer since he just found out the hard way.

The one action that seems to best motivate the power brokers of the NRA is the loss of membership and lack of financial contributions.

It's funny how fast gun owners will turn on and boycott a firearm related co, manufacturer, or store that makes a decision that goes against their core 2A beliefs EXCEPT when it comes to the NRA. You want to force change fast then you have to hit them where it hurts and that's in the pocket plain and simple. When the money stops and goes somewhere else then we will see the change the modern day members and gun owners want.

Sure we can try and do it from the inside year after year one election at a time but who really has the time for that? The 2A sure doesn't with the amount of anti's in DC on both sides.

How many current board members need to go?
    How many non elected employees of the NRA are currently standing in the way of "shall not be infringed"?

Maybe Chris will answer those questions next time he goes on James Yeagers YouTube channel to address the membership concerns about the bump stock statement they put out after LV.
    Last edited by Hodgie; November 12th, 2017 at 10:43 PM.

(Berks County)

If one is a life member, as I am, one can't really affect membership numbers. I guess the only attention getting tack would be via NRA-ILA.

Quote Originally Posted by stainless View Post
    If one is a life member, as I am, one can't really affect membership numbers. I guess the only attention getting tack would be via NRA-ILA.
    I'm a life member too, they depend on future monthly and yearly support funds from us which they will no longer be getting from me at least until things change in a very big way.

Quote Originally Posted by Hodgie View Post
    I'm a life member too, they depend on future monthly and yearly support funds from us which they will no longer be getting from me at least until things change in a very big way.

Gun Owners of America lifetime member! Same sex marriage is an oxymoron!

(Mercer County)

I am voting for Adam Kraut, does anyone else deserve support? Reading the blurbs on the nominees was a waste of time, no useful information on how they feel about gun issues, just background fluff.

(Blair County)

i think Wayne LaPierre been there long enough does the board vote for the president ?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast