Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Chester County)

Default Fall Turkey in Eastern PA

Didn't get a chance to scout for turkey ahead of time this year. Usually go to Central/North Eastern PA (Jim Thorpe, Wilkes-Barre, etc). Is anybody seeing much or were a lot taken out by coyote like last year?

(Luzerne County)

Default Re: Fall Turkey in Eastern PA

I hunt very close to WB and have not seen anywhere near the birds or sign as the last two years. 3 years ago and prior there was big flocks everywhere and now it's like they moved out of the area. I checked a lot of ground before the season where I have known at least 8 different flocks to call it home and there's barely sign. I seen one huge Tom and that was it this year. Heading out all day tomorrow to try my luck.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Fall Turkey in Eastern PA

Quote Originally Posted by disturbed View Post
    I hunt very close to WB and have not seen anywhere near the birds or sign as the last two years. 3 years ago and prior there was big flocks everywhere and now it's like they moved out of the area. I checked a lot of ground before the season where I have known at least 8 different flocks to call it home and there's barely sign. I seen one huge Tom and that was it this year. Heading out all day tomorrow to try my luck.
    Yeah I went Friday and saw absolutely nothing where I they had been a few years ago. Same thing last year though, got one to call back a bit at day break but then nothing. A couple people told me fishers, coyotes, etc had taken most out during summer last year. I'm guessing same/recurring from decrease last year. Did see some bear tracks and scat, find a few deer beddings/tracks/scat and scare a pair of pheasants in my turkey search though.

Bucks Co seems to have a surplus of birds, as a lot of people have told me I can hunt their land because the turkeys are a nuisance to them. Too bad 5C/5D are closed to fall hunt. I may have to try to head farther west next year as 5A/5B/ western 4C seen to have a fall population.