Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Lycoming County)

Default Ungawa memorial Shoot November 12

Alright, I've been asked to contact Pahuntingfool to see if we could hold this at his place where we hold the summer shoot. He has graciously agreed to let us use his property for this event. I think this is about as central of a location as we can find. Especially one that can host a good number of members and will allow us to use some of the toys that ungawa would have liked.

We'll be holding the Ungawa memorial Shoot on Sunday November 12 from 11 until 4. I know we sometimes go longer at the summer shoot, but dark comes earlier this time of year and I figure we'll need to be cleaning up by then. Directions to the farm will be in post 2 of this thread. Anyone that is going to be bringing NFA toys with a giggle switch, please let me know in advance. Either in this thread or in a PM. I would like to keep any full auto stuff in one area of the line and it will help with spacing since this has the potential to get crowded in areas.

I'm going to hold post 3 in this thread for a list of those that are coming, which I'll update periodically. If you're planning to attend please post that you are and if you are bringing anyone with you. This will be open to any pafoa members and their families. While there is no charge for this event, donations will be accepted and will go to Pahuntingfool for putting in the work to get the range ready and twards future shoots.

I look forward to seeing old friends and meeting new ones in coming together to honor ungawa in a way he would have enjoyed immensely.
    Last edited by R L Suehr; October 29th, 2017 at 01:24 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Default Re: Ungawa memorial Shoot

Directions:
    From I-80 the East or West. Take I 80 to exit 192, Jersey Shore SR880. From the East turn left onto East Valley RD, from the west turn right. Follow this for App 1 mile and turn right onto SR 880 North. Follow SR 880 North for App 6 miles and turn left onto Knarr RD. The road to the farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left, I'll put up a sign here. This is just past Ravensburg State Park on 880, so when you pass the park start looking for Knarr road.

From I 180/ Sr 220: Take the Main St. Jersey Shore exit and follow Main St. to rt 44 South (First Red Light). Turn left onto sr44 South and go over bridge. Follow this for App 3.7 miles and turn right onto Sr 880 South. Follow Sr 880 South for App 3 miles and turn right onto Knarr Rd. The farm is App 3/10's of a mile on the left.

From Rt 15: From the south follow 15 North to I-80 West and follow those directions from there. From the North follow 15 south to I 180/sr220. Take I-180 West/ Sr 220 South and follow the directions from there.

If anyone needs more in the way of directions please feel free to pm me.

GPS coordinates for the entrance to the farm.
    41.123091,-77.241358
    Last edited by R L Suehr; October 29th, 2017 at 12:42 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Tentative list
    Pahuntingfool-1
    RL Suehr-1
    27hand-1
    Estephan-1
    Berncly-1
    mckormicnavistar-2
    Spandexlurch-1
    Eyecanshoot-1
    Qmcorps-1

Not sure:
    Gghbi
    Carne's
    Raxar
    Tarzan
    Wanneroo

Not sure are people who posted in thread, but didn't actually say whether they were coming or not. I'll update this again during the week.
    Last edited by R L Suehr; November 5th, 2017 at 12:22 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Some range info:

The range itself is a farm field on a mountain side. We will setup some cover for the day and some benches/tables to shoot off of, but be prepared to be out in a field in the sun (probably not the best time to try out your new tactical flip flops). There is a gravel road most of the way there, but it does not go all the way to the range. We will have a couple of 4 wheel drive trucks to take people up and down if they can't walk it. If you are someone with a disability, or are bringing someone with a disability and can't make a short hike up to the range please pm me and I'll see what I can do to help accommodate. Also there are not any bathroom facilities, it's a field, there is an outhouse by the parking area. We will setup a propane grill and a table for any food anyone would like to bring and coolers for drinks.

Even though this is private ground and a relaxed event there will still be safety rules. Please once the shoot starts keep all firearms not on the line unloaded with the chamber open. The exception will be carried firearms, both oc and concealed. Please leave any carried firearms holstered at all times. We will have people acting as RO's and calling the line. Please listen to whomever is calling line. If you are new to shooting or have any questions as to how this is going to run, please ask them. There are no dumb questions when it comes to safety and guns. If you want to know something before you go feel free to pm me and I'll explain more.

(Wayne County)

Many thanks to RL Suehr and pahuntingfool for putting this together and agreeing to hold the shoot. I'm officially "passing the baton" for the shoot to them since I will be in Nashville, TN for work that weekend. So, I'm going to miss out on all the fun anyway.

Thanks guys! Have fun!
    Sed ego sum homo indomitus

(Allegheny County)

Looks like I'm good for that day.
    I'll put myself in as a tentative yes depending on a couple things.
    1) primarily weather. At 3 1/2 hours, i'd rather not drive if its a washout. I'll keep an eye on weather as we get closer.
    2) I may be too tired to cook bacon.

Let's hope for good weather.
    Opinions are like anal apertures. They all stink but mine.

Are donations of any type needed?

(Berks County)

I'm on the fence but would like to attend. If anyone from the Reading/Pottstown area (or up the line where I would be passing by) would like to ride together I'd be in for that.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

I will be in FL that weekend

(Montgomery County)

Thank you very much RL.
    Thank you very much Pahuntn.
    Last edited by Berncly; October 29th, 2017 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Added another thanks for Pahuntn.
    How can you have any cookies if you don't drink your milk?

Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast