I need some input on this one.
I have the 10.5" version Ruger Blackhawk in 44mag scoped and am having some issues.
I had hand surgery over the summer so I wanted to throw some lead to see how it holds up. (My LEFT hand, not the gun). I'm right handed but I still have to grip differently than what I used to with my left hand. I can't tighten my hold as much as I used to and unlike an auto, you just can't put that hand near the cylinder or more surgery would be needed immediately.
Long story short. Shooting off-hand, I'm hitting 6 to 8 inches high at 25 yards and off the target high at 50 yards. WITH A LONG-RANGE PISTOL NO LESS!
So I thought I would sand-bag it and get it under control that way. This was bagging the pistol as close to the frame under the cylinder as I could get. The grip was on a small bag with bags on either side of it all on a sturdy platform at my local gun club.
It still shoots high! I cranked the cheap Bushnell Trophy LER scope down but to no avail. This is using three different factory ammo selections at 240, 230 and 185gr. I didn't try out beyond 50 yards. The windage is good but the elevation is way out. It was set up to hit 2" high at 50 yards using American Eagle 240gr hunting rounds. (JHP's). I had no 44 spl to fling out of it. Everything is tight. Nothing loose!
Is it muzzle flip? Scope issue? Do I suck? Combination?
I could hit 50 yards all day within 5 inches before it was put away.
Really frustrated......again!