Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Exclamation PA Rep. Brian Sims: We Need To Stop People Reloading

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Oct 26, 2017 2:59 PM
    Subject: 6,000 rounds of ammunition
    To: XXXXXXXX
    Cc:

-- Currently Pennsylvania does not regulate ammunition sales, so any retail store or Internet website can sell ammunition. One New York Times article described the process as "pretty much as easy as ordering a book from Amazon.”

Think about that. Anyone anywhere can buy as many deadly bullets as online suppliers can sell. That is dangerous.

And it’s why I'm introducing a bill to regulate the sale of ammunition. Sign on to join me as a citizen co-sponsor to demand the GOP do more to prevent these horrific acts of violence.

The perpetrator of the 2012 mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, was able to order more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition online. Our country knows all too well the damage that number of bullets can inflict, and it's past time we do something about it. While people have been making their own guns for some time, ammunition is much more difficult to manufacture at home. We must do all we can to prevent those who should not possess a firearm from gaining access to ammunition — which is the key component to the operation of guns, even those built at home.

We cannot wait for another national tragedy to take action. Sign on as a citizen co-sponsor of this bill today.

Thank you,
    Brian

Paid For By Sims4PA PAC

Sims4PA PAC
    PO Box 15941
    Philadelphia PA 19130 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe

(Berks County)

Default Re: PA Rep. Brian Sims: We Need To Stop People Reloading

Anyone anywhere can buy as many deadly bullets as online suppliers can sell. That is dangerous
    He will be happy to know that I only buy the undeadly bullets...

(Chester County)

Yeah, I admit I killed alot of range backstops and paper. How can I send my remaining deadly bullets back.

(Lancaster County)

I totally forgot that the guy that shot up the Aurora movie theater used all 6000 rounds.

What an ass.....

(Fayette County)

Im really surprised the government hasn't tired to heavily tax ammunition considering the millions and millions of rounds America goes through a year.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

peh... 6,000..
    On the seventh day God rested; Marines filled sandbags.

(Fayette County)

Post Re: PA Rep. Brian Sims: We Need To Stop People Reloading

Here is Brian Sims' stance on public safety.
    http://sims4pa.com/issues/public-safety/
    Public Safety

Making Philadelphia safer:

Continue to be tough and smart on crime
    Pass common sense gun safety laws
    Reduce recidivism rates by focusing on the few repeat offenders who commit the majority of crimes
    Support community policing efforts
    Reduce truancy
    Reevaluate and reform mandatory minimums
    In 2004, I was studying on the front porch of my apartment when I witnessed a tragedy that I will never forget. I’d noticed a car driving slowly through the neighborhood and suddenly heard gunshots echo between the buildings on my steet. I watched as the driver of the car gunned down a young man walking on the sidewalk and injured another man nearby. I remember vividly the sense of confusion and chaos that followed in the minutes after and will never forget the feeling of gravity that weighed on the block.

We have come a long way from where we were less than 10 years ago. The murder rate and violent crimes are down, but we are still not where we need to be. We need to keep working towards a day when no Philadelphian has to look over their shoulder as they walk at night.

Our state and local officials need to continue to implement smart policies to reduce crime. Our criminal justice system needs to be tough on hardened criminals, but needs to offer alternative sentencing for non-violent offenders to lessen the chance that they will go on to commit worse crimes.

As your representative I will work with leaders from the law enforcement, judicial, social service and public health communities to develop policies that will bring a holistic approach to public safety and help keep our streets safe.

(Wayne County)

What a twit...sadly, the sheep in Philthy will admire his actions...

(Philadelphia County)

There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by ArcticSplash View Post
    ---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Oct 26, 2017 2:59 PM
    Subject: 6,000 rounds of ammunition
    To: XXXXXXXX
    Cc:

-- Currently Pennsylvania does not regulate ammunition sales, so any retail store or Internet website can sell ammunition. One New York Times article described the process as "pretty much as easy as ordering a book from Amazon.”

Think about that. Anyone anywhere can buy as many deadly bullets as online suppliers can sell. That is dangerous.

And it’s why I'm introducing a bill to regulate the sale of ammunition. Sign on to join me as a citizen co-sponsor to demand the GOP do more to prevent these horrific acts of violence.

The perpetrator of the 2012 mass shooting at a movie theater in Aurora, Colorado, was able to order more than 6,000 rounds of ammunition online. Our country knows all too well the damage that number of bullets can inflict, and it's past time we do something about it. While people have been making their own guns for some time, ammunition is much more difficult to manufacture at home. We must do all we can to prevent those who should not possess a firearm from gaining access to ammunition — which is the key component to the operation of guns, even those built at home.

We cannot wait for another national tragedy to take action. Sign on as a citizen co-sponsor of this bill today.

Thank you,
    Brian

Paid For By Sims4PA PAC

Sims4PA PAC
    PO Box 15941
    Philadelphia PA 19130 United States

If you believe you received this message in error or wish to no longer receive email from us, please unsubscribe
    "Ever hear of the Constitution Motherfucker"

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast