Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania 2A Capitol Rally at 10:00 AM on Nov, 5th 2017 State Capital steps

When the yearly PA 2A rally is held outside on the Capitol steps; you can carry.
    Due to there being a court in the capitol; it's inside where you can not carry.

My experience and .02.
    --ET

(Cambria County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania 2A Capitol Rally at 10:00 AM on Nov, 5th 2017 State Capital steps

I'm down. Easy deal, show up and make your presence known. Bring a sign, get some media attention, then grab lunch and go on with your day.

Quote Originally Posted by Capitol Complex Website
    No weapons, firearms, explosives, knives, mace, pepper spray or hazardous materials are allowed in the Capitol Complex buildings or surrounding grounds.
    http://www.dgs.pa.gov/About/Pages/Vi...l-Complex.aspx
    Last edited by Didnotcomply89; October 28th, 2017 at 10:23 PM.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Visitors with firearms must check them in at the entrance and will be required to complete the Firearms Acknowledgement Receipt Form.
    Just down from the above quote on the same page.

As was said, you can carry if you stay outside the building. If you go inside, you have to check your firearm in with the Capitol police. Look at the previous years rally thread and you'll even find a printable version of the form you need to fill out to check your firearm. When I go to the spring rally, I fill it out in advance to speed up the check in process. There's really no reason to go inside at this one that I can see though. None of the legislators will be there.

The Capitol police are very professional and I have never seen them give anyone a hard time about carry outside or checking a firearm the times I've been there.

If you do go inside the firearm check is on the opposite side of the building from the front steps. Right next to the parking entrance off the street.

(Luzerne County)

Whats the overall consensus here? If people are going I'll show up. Never been to one of these before don't want to be the only doofus standing there with a sign.

(Lycoming County)

Quote Originally Posted by Baskins View Post
    Whats the overall consensus here? If people are going I'll show up. Never been to one of these before don't want to be the only doofus standing there with a sign.
    I'm going to try and go. I have some issues right now, that may keep me from being able to, but I'm gonna try to show up for a little while.

(Lehigh County)

I've requested the day off from work.
    If I'm given the day off; then I plan on showing up.

If it turns out to be a meaningful event; GREAT !
    If it turns out to be a flop; I'll turn around, go back home, and spend a day at the range.
    --ET

(Bucks County)

I'd love to be there but will be in Florida for our anniversary. Sorry---thanks for posting.
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Never been to one of these. I'll be at this one

(Fayette County)

Lightbulb Re: Pennsylvania 2A Capitol Rally at 10:00 AM on Nov, 5th 2017 State Capital steps

Quote Originally Posted by Didnotcomply89 View Post
    Blatantly Unconstitutional. The "surrounding grounds" are the rest of the entirety of the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania, Doofus legislators!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast