Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Sig MPX or MCX

(Westmoreland County)

Default Sig MPX or MCX

Thinking about getting a plinking gun for shooting inside of 200 yards. I know that a 9mm really starts falling off after 150 yards, but especially if the shooting is within 100 yards, I can get as much good practice w/ the 9 as a 5.56 (or .300 blackout)

How would the accuracy compare at 150 yds.? 3" 5 round groups wishful thinking for a 9mm carbine?

Down the road, really would want to permanently attach a suppressor (9" barrel w/ 7" suppressor) & shoot subsonic. I would still expect a .300 blackout to perform better, but there is allot to be said for cheap ammo that the 9 would provide.

(Chester County)

Default Re: Sig MPX or MCX

I have an MPX pistol and I love using it to plink over my AR or AK. The cheap ammo aspect is better on the mpx because of the brass ammo you can shoot a in any indoor range. And you won’t feel as bad dumping a few bucks down range with the mpx.

(Lackawanna County)

I’ve got an mpx sbr. It’s an absolute blast especially when you throw the short 4.5 inch barrel and suppressor on it. Put a hiperfire 24c in it and it may be the most fun firearm I own.

(Bucks County)

Have had two mpx’s they’re so fun to shoot. One was a gen 2 carbine other one is a 8.5” pistol with psb brace that is legal to shoulder. The little on is a hoot to shoot and people always ask about

(Centre County)

Here's a customers suppressed .300 BO MCX SBR (just waiting for the SBR Form 4 to arrive). 6.75" barrel, Dead Air Sandman S suppressor

Ron USAF Ret E-8 FFL01/SOT3 NRA Benefactor Member

(Lackawanna County)

https://i.imgur.com/aVGbgCj.jpg

Here’s mine with the 4.5 inch barrel and can

That’s a 30 round 223 mag next to it.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by NathanB View Post
    I’ve got an mpx sbr. It’s an absolute blast especially when you throw the short 4.5 inch barrel and suppressor on it. Put a hiperfire 24c in it and it may be the most fun firearm I own.
    I'm sure that it is a ball, especially with a suppressor. How accurate is it or have not you really checked it out for that?

I still think that I want both (even though I can't really afford even one)!

(Lackawanna County)

It’s accurate enough that I can clear a plate rack at 25 yards with no issue. I can’t say I’ve ever gotten down and tried to shoot a group st fifty yards with it though.