Recent activities meaning mass shootings, radicalized jihadists, etc.

My primary reason for carrying was to protect myself from a BG who would have a handgun. My 1911 w/ 8+1 rounds was more than enough ammo as I did not see myself getting into an extended firefight. Long before I expended my 9 rounds I would expect the either the BG going down, or me.

Now, I do have concerns that the BG may be a radicalized crazy that has planned out his onslaught. Although I know that a pistol is no match for a rifle, I do envision scenarios where more than 9 rounds would be necessary. By carrying my Hi-Power I have 15+1, almost twice of what I have w/ my 1911. The Hi-Power carries just as well as the 1911.

Yes, I know that I can carry extra magazines and probably will start doing that. The argument is still the same - twice the ammo. Two extra magazines gives me 46 rounds w/ the Hi-Power as compared to 27 w/ the 1911.

Yes I do think that a 45 is a superior caliber IF the BG is not wearing body armor. With body armor, a 9 is just as effective as a 45, and shooting center mass is not an option. Time for head, pelvis or thigh shots. A radicalized BG is more likely to have body armor than the 'traditional' BG.

Anyone else thinking about changing their carry gun from a 45 to a 9 because of the above?