Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast
    (Chester County)

Default Re: Anybody Changing Carry Gun Due To Recent Activities?

WEGO is good operation... I grew up there and also worked with their Officers years ago when I worked p/t security in the township.

(Warren County)

AR pistols are legal to carry loaded in a vehicle.
    AR pistols conceal REALLY well inside a tennis racket bag.

My carry routine is still the same.
    Snub revolver for local running.
    Glock .40 for injun country (Yeah politically incorrect, I don't care)
    1911 for Bar-b-que gun.
    American by BIRTH, Infidel by CHOICE

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    I just completed West Goshen Twp police, "Citizens Academy." This is the first class, 8 Wednesdays. No ride alongs, but they cover every facet of crime, traffic, collisions DUI inforcement, 911 center, SimulatorCPR AND ADT, collission and Use of Force / Simulator.

USE OF FORCE/SIMULATOR. Wow! You face a screen and they have 100 different scenarios. You have to know when to shoot or not. What I discovered was on the range I know to look at the front site and the target is fuzzy. BUT THAT DID NOT WORK HERE. For ex. you're in a school kids running down
    the steps and I'm looking for the shooter, right behind them, all of sudden the last guy quickly pulled from his waist a gun and started firing at me.
    As soon as I saw him reaching for his waist, I only had a second, I fired 5 shots, but all shots were at the perimeters of his body. NO KILL SHOTS.
    This made me realize that, even though my sights were at eye level, the front sight was blurry b/c I had to have a clear view to find the shooter.
    Other scenarios people, both good and bad pop out behind wall etc.

I am now thinking to practice hold at eye level on target, and tighten my lats, forearms etc to maintain on target. Practice closing my eyes, move left to right etc and see if there is any change of sight position.
    I did the same thing with our local PD too. Our schedule was 9 weeks with ride alongs being extra, if you wanted to go. Loved the extra knowledge gained from the course material, but also have a new found appreciation for what an officer does every single day. I was shocked by the amount of Domestic disputes in my township...actually got to look thru the book which lists the restraining orders. Was troubled by the fact that I recognized a few addresses.

Simulator was a very humbling experience...I go out to NHRPC every weekend and shoot different scenarios...practice, practice.

Nothing has changed in my set up other than carrying three mags in a custom made mag holder. Same guy who made my holster made the mag carrier...sweet deal.

Ok that question had been nagging me for awhile now. Isn't it illegal in PA to transport the rifle around? Aren't we only allowed essentially FOPA like rules within the state borders ie transport only from lawful point A to lawful point B for rifles LFTCF or not?

Quote Originally Posted by matrosov View Post
    Ok that question had been nagging me for awhile now. Isn't it illegal in PA to transport the rifle around? Aren't we only allowed essentially FOPA like rules within the state borders ie transport only from lawful point A to lawful point B for rifles LFTCF or not?
    Unloaded Rifle you can leave in your car as long as you like. You just cannot have a loaded Rifle in your vehicle
    Ltcf does not apply since rifles and shotguns are not considered "firearms" in pa

(York County)

I kinda figure if I'm going to the trouble of attempting effective self protection, why go half way. I don't know if anyone ever finished a personal defense shooting and proclaimed they had too much ammo. The ones who might say they didn't have enough are probably on the wrong side of the grass somewhere, so they're not saying much. I have been and will continue to carry the same load out daily. Main gun .40 with 2 spare mags, BUG .380 with one spare mag. 44 rounds total and a assisted-open folder and a light. My personal opinion the way things are going is it's only a matter of time till one's turn comes up. I stay alert, I read a lot, I train semi-regularly, keep my toys clean and sharp, and practice what I already know with an eye to learning more all the time. Yes, I like tools. I also agree the likely hood is small. But it's isn't about the likelyhood....it's about the cost. Kathy Jackson quote.

(Chester County)

My recommendation is always to carry the largest sized gun you can easily and comfortably conceal.
    "The Constitution is the guide which I will not abandon.” - George Washington

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by ideaman View Post
    I just completed West Goshen Twp police, "Citizens Academy." This is the first class, 8 Wednesdays. No ride alongs, but they cover every facet of crime, traffic, collisions DUI inforcement, 911 center, SimulatorCPR AND ADT, collission and Use of Force / Simulator.

USE OF FORCE/SIMULATOR. Wow! You face a screen and they have 100 different scenarios. You have to know when to shoot or not. What I discovered was on the range I know to look at the front site and the target is fuzzy. BUT THAT DID NOT WORK HERE. For ex. you're in a school kids running down
    the steps and I'm looking for the shooter, right behind them, all of sudden the last guy quickly pulled from his waist a gun and started firing at me.
    As soon as I saw him reaching for his waist, I only had a second, I fired 5 shots, but all shots were at the perimeters of his body. NO KILL SHOTS.
    This made me realize that, even though my sights were at eye level, the front sight was blurry b/c I had to have a clear view to find the shooter.
    Other scenarios people, both good and bad pop out behind wall etc.

I am now thinking to practice hold at eye level on target, and tighten my lats, forearms etc to maintain on target. Practice closing my eyes, move left to right etc and see if there is any change of sight position.
    I did a citizen police academy a few years ago. It was really cool.
    Eight weeks a few hours in the evening and we got a glimpse of all sorts of aspects of police work from detective work, to shooting the FATS simulator, to mock traffic stops, taser demo, and much more, and ending with us shooting handgun, shotgun, and AR15 on the training range that they share with the feds.

Very eye opening in a lot of ways. I love reading the comments here regarding how a cop responds to an incident and especially when they comment on how they would have handled it. I just laugh and laugh at the absurdity. If people only knew.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    I keep a rifle in my trunk since San Bernardino. Pistol and a reload gets me to the car, hopefully. If I've got my kids, we are leaving. If I'm alone, I'm gearing up, because fuck these assholes. I do have concern about being mistaken for a badguy, but no sense worrying about something you can't control.
    right there with marinville. My system has not changed. See Sootch00's videos on mass shooter response kits- if youtube hasn't banned him yet because they are trying to take down gun and prepping channels. AK in the trunk. If it gets stolen then I am not out too much.

(Allegheny County)

Oh yeah... in response to the recent "truck attack", I've started carrying a construction traffic sign.

If anyone tries to run me down, I will simply whip it out and make them...

I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast