Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: Anybody Changing Carry Gun Due To Recent Activities?

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    Personally, I dont care if you keep a bazooka in your truck.
    But I thought in PA driving around and keeping a rifle in your vehicle was illegal.
    Again, I dont know for sure, hopefully someone can clear that up.
    It cant be loaded.

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by marinville View Post
    It cant be loaded.
    Good to know.
    I go up into the mountains a lot and always wanted to take a rifle "just in case" type of thing.
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

(Mercer County)

Nope still carrying my Delta or .38 Super with a couple of spare mags. If I need more fire power than that I guess I'm SOL. Cops would rise holy hell if I was carrying SMG or mounted Ma Deuce in the bed of my truck.
    The oracle is in. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill!!

I have been carrying more mag's for my EDC, Glock 19. When I travel to the mountains I take one AR and 6 mag's. If shit goes south on November 4th I'll be carrying more than that.
    Aggies Coach Really ??? Take off the tin foil bro.

(Bucks County)

Might I suggest....if riding/driving in deer country with a rifle (and presumably ammo for it) at night, don't have a spotlight or powerful flashlight aboard. You may find yourself defending a poaching charge.

(Luzerne County)

What and how I carry hasn't changed nor do I plan on making any changes.

What I carry on a daily basis may change according to circumstances, such as one day I may have a G-26 or G-19, but on another day I may be pocket carrying a J-frame due to dress attire, social functions, etc.

(Perry County)

I've been transitioning since I retired. I always carry a gun, for the past few years it's been my Ruger LCP because a gun I can drop in a pocket (in a pocket holster) is just damned convenient. I also always had a rifle in my car because my rifle would go on patrol and then in my personal vehicle off duty. When I retired, the rifle was "retired" in that I no longer carried it in my car. I've missed it but I wanted something I didn't have to try so hard to hide from prying eyes. Enter the AR pistol. I now have two, they're covered under LEOSA since they're pistols and I only have to abide by mag restrictions. I took it to the beach this year in a normal looking backpack.

I've also started carrying my Sig P938 in my pocket. A little heftier than the LCP but also a better caliber with significantly better sights. I can hit a silhouette consistently at 25 yards with the 938, such hits with the LCP are luck.

In answer to your question, no, my carry preferences are always evolving. What I did do was start carrying a trauma kit. I don't have it fully spec'd out the way I'd like but I can stop bleeding which is more than half the battle. Everybody should be carrying a tourniquet if nothing else. You're a lot more likely to save a life knowing how to stop bleeding than knowing how to use a gun. Check out some of the new clotting agents as well...cheap insurance.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

(Fayette County)

Quote Originally Posted by unclejumbo View Post
    Enter the AR pistol. I now have two, they're covered under LEOSA since they're pistols and I only have to abide by mag restrictions.
    What are the mag restrictions for pistols under LEOSA?
    "One must be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves” ~ Machiavelli

Quote Originally Posted by JustinHEMI View Post
    I am not changing anything, because statistics. Plus, as a gun owner that often uses the steadily declining rate of violent crime in the US, plus the extremely low number of people killed with modern sporting rifles, as arguments against gun control, why would I then change what I carry in contradiction to those facts?
    Yea but have you factored in the bump fire stock epidemic? You at least need a bayonet on your glock rail.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Perry County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ricochet View Post
    What are the mag restrictions for pistols under LEOSA?
    While the last revision of LEOSA addressed bullet configuration and removed state specific restrictions, they didn't address state specific mag restrictions. We must still comply with a state's mag restrictions. It's why my accessible firearm in the car is always a revolver or a single stack semi, it keeps me legal. I have a five rounder in with my AR pistol and will remove the extras standard capacity mags if travelling through restricted states. With the cost of AR mags, it's no burden to buy one at my destination and shitcan it or give it away when I leave.
    "A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself"

"He created the game, played the game, and lost the game.... All under his own terms, by his own doing." JW34

"Tolerance is the lube that helps slip the dildo of dysfunction into the ass of a civilized society." Plato

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast