Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Nosler accubond long range

I just discovered nosler accubond lone range bullets. Has anyone tested them out yet? I saw the bc's of the 150 gr .270 bullet and I'm truly impressed. G1 is .625, g7 is .317.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Nosler accubond long range

From personal research on the LR Accubonds the BC for their .270 bullet is 8-12% less than advertised. I have attached a link that provides additional info. https://www.longrangehunting.com/thr...esults.137554/

Personally I prefer to use the Hornady ELD series, they use Doppler radar to verify the BC which makes them far more precise than the Nosler numbers. I plan on testing their performance on game this year as I didn't get a chance to shoot anything last year.

(Lawrence County)

I've tried those in .284, but the ELD-M consistently provided better groups so it's my choice for deer and smaller. Just know that the ELD-X is a totally different profile and not just a bonded ELD-M.

LycanELD-MistheoldA-Maxwithnewtipthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Lycanthrope View Post
    I've tried those in .284, but the ELD-M consistently provided better groups so it's my choice for deer and smaller. Just know that the ELD-X is a totally different profile and not just a bonded ELD-M.

LycanELD-MistheoldA-Maxwithnewtipthrope
    Have you taken any game with the ELD-M? I'm currently running the 212 ELD-X and the 225 ELD-M in my .300 Win Mag. I get slightly better accuracy with the 212 (0.25 vs 0.33 MOA) but the 225 has better ballistics and holds supersonic past a mile. Since this rifle is the only one that shoots either bullet I was looking to pick one and have been looking for results on terminal performance for each.

Based on the expansion I got in dirt at 1000 they seem like they should work pretty well on game but first hand experience would be appreciated.

(Lawrence County)

From other bullets I have on hand and have used, my hypothesis is that the ELD-X is a SST with the new tip and the ELD-M is the A-Max with the new tip. They perform like the predecessors but have a more predictable BC due to the polymer tip not melting like the older versions. I've killed several deer with the 162gr ELD-M at 3250fps (at the muzzle). The M is a soft match bullet so expansion is never a problem at long ranges and lower speeds. I'm pushing them relatively fast, so they do not exit deer at ranges under 200 yards. Out beyond that they do very well and at 400 yards they leave a nice 50 cent sized exit hole. FWIW, I've also had great hunting results with the Nosler Custom Competitions and they seem a bit more robust but never fail to expand.

The M is not the bullet for larger game at close ranges, but it's perfect when shooting deer deep.

Lycanhaspicturesthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.