Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Privilege

(Lancaster County)

Default Privilege

Lol my Doesn’t Know Better Nephew shared a video onFacebook.
    The video is a coach type person getting everyone to line up to race. Then he says “Everyone who’s parents are still together take two steps forward. Everyone that had a father figure in their life take two steps forward”. The camera keeps focusing in on some black guys and girls at the original start looking around.

This goes on I assume until most of the white kids are past the finish line or have a near unbeatable head start. The video is titled something like “Let Me Explain About Privilege”.

The comments were mostly people telling the complaining that we’re not born equal, that everything you have done was through someone else,
    ( You didn’t build that). And so on..

Through the comments I was somewhat understanding of the point of such a video. I understand my nephew posting it. He wears his heart on his sleeve and everything is about fair/unfair.
    I’d be lying if I said these videos and his opinions don’t irritate me. I’ll agree we all have advantages in life but we all have things we can use as an excuse as well. All the things listed by that coach I have no and I don’t think anyone has, a way of quantifying the negative impact it has on a person’s success.

We see all the time, people regardless of the color of their skin that have everything going for them screw it up and lose it all. And we see people that come from absolute nothing become successful, the very top even. Two people with identical qualifiers have different results.

For some people all those things yelled out by the coach are what they blame their failures on. I just don’t buy it. A friend recently learned of the Menendez brothers. Two guys of wealth and privilege that are in prison for life.

I really think that in this current climate we or at least the Left is bogged down by so much minutiae such as inventing white privilege and triggers and cultural appropriation. Just being offended by everything and trying to guilt people and minimize accomplishments of the individual spirit. It’s just sad and unproductive. To top it all off if your opinion differs then you are ignorant, not smart enough to understand what they believe are the realities of life. They seem to relish in that they are operating on a higher plane and have grown, progressed and everyone else is just a little smaller than they.

Just my thoughts

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Privilege

There's only one privilege...American Privilege. Use it to its full advantage and to the best of your ability or STFU.
    "Everyone is entitled to my opinion." - Gman106
    "Everyone has a plan till they get punched in the face." - Mike Tyson
    "Get the hell out of my way." - John Galt

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    There's only one privilege...American Privilege. Use it to its full advantage and to the best of your ability or STFU.
    I agree. That’s why the video of the dog and pony show irritates me. And if Trump were to make a spectacle of a group of blacks in single parent homes, without a father figure, having to help support the family, only type of scholarship to college being athletic, etc
    People would freak the fuck out and argue that blacks come from stable two parent homes of middle to upper incomes and dad playing catch in the front yard. Surreal

(Washington County)

A more honesty video would have focused on one black kid and one white kid who both hadnt taken any steps forward. Then the race starts, and the white kid busts his ass and beats the black kid, who gives up because he is disgusted with the lack of fairness. Then an announcement is made that scoring has been changed and all black kids qualified for a metal. So we zoom in on the white kid who didnt have an advantage and busted his ass and saw others handed an unjust victory. As the kid who quit shoulders past him, he laughs and says "check your privilege.

(Blair County)

the reason their is so many black w/o fathers is the libs they won't give them a check if they find the father around

Quote Originally Posted by Gman106 View Post
    Ding!

Making your own luck (or privilege ) has a lot to do with taking advantage of opportunities. That means having to work long hours, save money, and maybe not hitting the bar when you cash your paycheck. I know tough choices. It's easier to do everything wrong, blame the world, stomp your feet, and hold out your hand.

The sooner people wipe the tears from their eyes and realize that they own their lives, regardless of what type of horrible circumstances they may have endured, the sooner they can get on with life. Not to mention for every sob story I hear I can point to someone that had it 10x worse and persevered.

The new American dream is to have the most excuses and other people to blame for your own personal failures in life.
    My mom said
    " no one ever said life is fair. Its hard, cruel and you struggle constantly to make your own opportunities in life. Sometimes you fail, get used to it, get over it, get back up and keep trying"
    Here's a helpful life style choice for the little "white privilege" mental midget morons regardless of skin color, sexual orientation religious affiliation physical disability or whatever else some dumb ass uses as a lame excuse for failure:
    If you want to succeed in life, stay away from drugs, thugs,gangs, booze and bad influences. Do your best in school, and don't get yourself or someone else pregnant until after you have finished college and an established career.
    See how easy that is?
    Last edited by bigandy1966; October 21st, 2017 at 06:57 AM.

(Lackawanna County)

Agree, and it seems to be like a snowball rolling down the hill, especially last 10 years or so. Can not believe what they can come up with on a day to day basis to try to rationalize the unfairness and the privilege and on and on. I know i am old and cranky, but what worked 40 years ago will work today, get a job, roll up your sleeves and work like your life depended on it.

So because my wife and I stuck together through all the hard times even though it would have been easier to quit. Because we sacrificed our time, money and even some of our own personal wants and dreams in order to put food on the table and provide for our children I have some how handicapped someone else's child while their parents chose to do all the wrong things from the choice of their spouse or to have kids without one, to walk out, or where they lived, and the moral code they raised their children with?

Yeah well f--k that line of thinking and those who are weak minded enough to buy into that pile of bull shit. Responsibility is all it takes to change your life. It's rarely fun, is often is the harder of the two paths in front of you, cost more money, and doesn't always pay off right away.

You know it's called growing the Hell up.
    Last edited by Hodgie; October 22nd, 2017 at 12:44 AM.

(Chester County)

"If you think you can or think you can't, you're right." - Henry Ford

Not that I am a yuge Ford fan but, these idiots are only giving themselves more excuses for why they can't.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast