Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Denied LTCF in Philly. Please help with appeal.

I failed to disclose or give details about two arrests as a juvenile over 17 years ago. I thought that since one was settled as a plea deal and probation was served, (I was 16 at the time; trespassing in the old sears building in West Philly) it would be clear from my record.

The second arrest was unjust and no charges were filed.

Apparently Philadelphia can still see these arrests.

It was an honest mistake but I understand it looks like i intentionally withheld information.

This is the same way I fill out a 4473 and always pass a PICS check within seconds.

None of the reasons listed below restrict a person from being able to carry concealed in Pennsylvania.

This sounds like Philly trying to deny as many people as possible with the hopes they will not appeal.

Do I need a lawyer?

Can I argue this goes against state law and I am not a restricted person. Arrests as a juvenile do not restrict you from a LTCF in PA as far as I understand.

I didn’t lie, i simply didn’t understand the question in the oral review. (no where on the application does it ask if you were ever arrested as a juvenile).

Reasons given for denial:

• Applicant failed to give accurate information (written or oral) regarding his/her application for a license to carry a firearm.
    • Applicant failed to cooperate and/or failed to give truthful answer (written or oral) regarding his/her application for a license to carry a firearm: Previous Arrest
    • Applicant is an individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety.
    • Applicant is denied due to good cause.

I plan to file an appeal next week. Any information that may help me with my case would be greatly appreciated.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Denied LTCF in Philly. Please help with appeal.

I would consult a lawyer before I appealed.

(Berks County)

Unfortunately I think you may need a lawyer do defend this one but do put in your appeal in the given time period. The problem isnt your arrests which would still qualify you for having a license so there denying you based soley on improper information given even though its nothing essential.

Last year it took me 6 months just to find out what I was being denied for in Berks county and another 6 months to get them to fix there own mistake. Unfortunately I think you have a harder case to deal w then mine

(Washington County)

They denied you based upon the character clause, which is F'ing bullshit (though many here have no objection to it.)

You can be denied if the issuing authority has reason to believe that your character is lacking, despite the fact that you may be otherwise eligible for LTCF approval.

If I were you, I would consult with a lawyer to challenge their bullshit denial. Yes, they deny everyone they can.

Shall issue, my ass.

(Philadelphia County)

Yep, denied because I "lied" about an arrest that has no bearing on an approval in any other county other than Philadelphia.

For what it's worth, The officer who interviewed me said I had the most flawless looking application he had seen all week and I was a pleasure to talk to (type your application). But somehow, I am "an individual whose character and reputation is such that the individual would be likely to act in a manner dangerous to public safety."

For anyone else reading and applying in Philly, I guess just tell them EVERYTHING if you don't want any problems.

I'll have to contact a lawyer and see how much it will cost me to fight this.

(Lancaster County)

Even if you told the "truth" you would have still been denied because the GPU looks for any reason they can to deny.

You'll need an attorney to get this straightened out.

http://bedfordcountypa.org/uploads/A...y_Firearms.pdf

Not seeing the question about "ever been arrested" on the application. Questions about being found guilty of things, nothing about being arrested.

I'm gonna guess that this was on the other form, the one that Philthy illegally uses.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Berks County)

Just remeber that time period window is crucial. You must put in the appeal within the given time or might not have ability to fight it afterwards (outside of court that is). If it does go outside that window you would have to reapply and get denied again but might get in extra trouble for multiple applications while not being eligible

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Not seeing the question about "ever been arrested" on the application. Questions about being found guilty of things, nothing about being arrested.

I'm gonna guess that this was on the other form, the one that Philthy illegally uses.
    Correct. It's not on the Philly LTCF app either—it's asked during the interview process when you turn in your application.

(Philadelphia County)

It says "An appeal concerning this disapproval can be filed with the Board of License and Inspection Review, within thirty days from the date of this letter. Appeal forms may be obtained at the offices of the Board, located at the Municipal Services building....

If you choose not to respond within 30 days for an appeal, you may not re-apply for a permit to carry for one year from the denial date".

From doing some searches on here, it seems just as many people fight this with a lawyer as they do without.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by FranksHungry View Post
    It says "An appeal concerning this disapproval can be filed with the Board of License and Inspection Review, within thirty days from the date of this letter. Appeal forms may be obtained at the offices of the Board, located at the Municipal Services building....

If you choose not to respond within 30 days for an appeal, you may not re-apply for a permit to carry for one year from the denial date".

From doing some searches on here, it seems just as many people fight this with a lawyer as they do without.
    What are the results of those that fight with an attorney vs those that do without?
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast