Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast
    (Allegheny County)

Default Re: I don't own an AR. Am I alone?

Almost 2 years since I first responded, its still a no - don't own one. A few weeks ago I went out with a buddy and his wife, he brought along a couple of ARs. We ran some drills with them. His statement, "You really can shoot those pretty good, how come you don't have one."

Not my cup of tea. I have just never really enjoyed shooting rifles. Funny, cuz I really like shooting pistols...
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by Orive 8 View Post
    Almost 2 years since I first responded, its still a no - don't own one. A few weeks ago I went out with a buddy and his wife, he brought along a couple of ARs. We ran some drills with them. His statement, "You really can shoot those pretty good, how come you don't have one."

Not my cup of tea. I have just never really enjoyed shooting rifles. Funny, cuz I really like shooting pistols...
    From what I'm hearing, if you ever wanted one or think you may want one, buy it now. These last 2 shootings are going to make it very difficult on us.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    From what I'm hearing, if you ever wanted one or think you may want one, buy it now. These last 2 shootings are going to make it very difficult on us.
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think universal background checks will be the next domino. It will be seen as "reasonable" and easy to justify, even by those who claim to be in our camp. We know it won't make a damn difference, but it will calm the "must do something" crowd for a day or two.

I just picked up another AR Saturday morning. Private sale, agreed to on Thursday before the shootings even happened. The price was right and the weekend's events made me feel better about it even when I had to unexpectedly drop almost $400 in auto repairs too.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by gnbrotz View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but I think universal background checks will be the next domino. It will be seen as "reasonable" and easy to justify, even by those who claim to be in our camp. We know it won't make a damn difference, but it will calm the "must do something" crowd for a day or two.

I just picked up another AR Saturday morning. Private sale, agreed to on Thursday before the shootings even happened. The price was right and the weekend's events made me feel better about it even when I had to unexpectedly drop almost $400 in auto repairs too.
    It would seem that universal back ground checks would not have stopped either shooting. From what I'm hearing, both firearms were purchased legally according to the laws in those states and federally.

(Franklin County)

Quote Originally Posted by j_h_smith View Post
    It would seem that universal back ground checks would not have stopped either shooting. From what I'm hearing, both firearms were purchased legally according to the laws in those states and federally.
    I'm aware, but have you heard any headlines today (Monday 8/5) that might seem to validate my concerns?

I have.
    Get your "Guns Save Lives" stickers today! PM for more info.

(Berks County)

I still don't...there's a limited amount of stuff that I'll be able to carry and I expect that the .308 to serve its purpose.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Luzerne County)

Just got done ordering stuff for a 50 beowulf aee you cant stop the addiction haha

Quote Originally Posted by bonez926 View Post
    Just got done ordering stuff for a 50 beowulf aee you cant stop the addiction haha
    You know you're in trouble when you Form 1 a SBR 50 Beowulf.....

I'm just saying.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Knightshift View Post
    Have two handguns, 22 rifle and pellet rifle for varmits. AR's intrigue me but would have to travel to shoot it as have nieghbors here in ChesCo. For further home defense I would lean towards a shotgun.
    Yeah, me too. I have this theory - a jury would look at the AR15 in the evidence bag and figure "Mass murderer".

A shotgun with wood stocks, like Grandpa used for hunting. "He needed to defend himself".

Juries are strange.

(Allegheny County)

I look at it like this...

Shotguns are clunky, harder to operate, and are not the solution to over penetration that the world would have you believe.

I'll use the tool that's best suited for the job and worry about juries if it comes to that.

I sold all my shotguns.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13192021222324 LastLast