Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Default Re: I don't own an AR. Am I alone?

I have 1 and my wife has a .22lr Colt/Walther type gun. I'm also not into the accessories and all that stuff. Mine is pretty much bone stock. It certainly is intimidating, I've looked into AK's and I have the same problem because I am not knowledgeable about them.

Neither do I, all classics here.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by dkf View Post
    Nothing wrong with going into a gun shop, picking a rifle you like that is in your budget and buying it.
    I've done that....except it was a parking lot and not a shop....just turned out the rifle isn't an AR (:

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    I've done that....except it was a parking lot and not a shop....just turned out the rifle isn't an AR (:
    Well don't leave me hanging at this point...what rifle is it?

-Zach

(Wayne County)

I like my Ruger AR 556 only mod. I did was put a Timney trigger and Nikon scope on it and if my eyes were better I wouldn't have a scope on it. Shoots 3/4 inch groups @ 100 yards with cheap Fed. Ar 556 ammo. Also was hoping the PGC would have made them legal for deer hunting, I would have been hunting with mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Badger Tuff View Post
    I like my Ruger AR 556 only mod. I did was put a Timney trigger and Nikon scope on it and if my eyes were better I wouldn't have a scope on it. Shoots 3/4 inch groups @ 100 yards with cheap Fed. Ar 556 ammo. Also was hoping the PGC would have made them legal for deer hunting, I would have been hunting with mine.
    Hopefully in the near future we can use them for big game. For some reason Turkey is considered big game in PA too.

(Allegheny County)

Around 2007 when I joined here I had no idea that the average person could afford such a rifle.
    Even then, prices were pretty high for an off the rack carbine and I couldn't imaging paying "one thousand dollars" for a rifle of ANY type. I thought I would never own one - and then I was introduced to the world of "building" and AR15.

Hey, this makes it affordable!!! I still found it overwhelming and my first carbine was a build that used a complete upper - all I needed to "build" was the lower and slap them together.

That held me for quite a few years, but then I wanted another.
    I learned more and was able to pick and choose the parts I wanted and just started buying a piece here and there and throwing the parts in a box until I had what I needed.

Then I wanted another... and...

This didn't happen overnight, but that's the beauty of it - you can buy them one part at a time - at your own pace.

I can still remember thinking "I'll never own one of those."
    Hell, I always thought I was an AK47 guy! LOL!
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Around 2007 when I joined here I had no idea that the average person could afford such a rifle.
    Even then, prices were pretty high for an off the rack carbine and I couldn't imaging paying "one thousand dollars" for a rifle of ANY type. I thought I would never own one - and then I was introduced to the world of "building" and AR15.

Hey, this makes it affordable!!! I still found it overwhelming and my first carbine was a build that used a complete upper - all I needed to "build" was the lower and slap them together.

That held me for quite a few years, but then I wanted another.
    I learned more and was able to pick and choose the parts I wanted and just started buying a piece here and there and throwing the parts in a box until I had what I needed.

Then I wanted another... and...

This didn't happen overnight, but that's the beauty of it - you can buy them one part at a time - at your own pace.

I can still remember thinking "I'll never own one of those."
    Hell, I always thought I was an AK47 guy! LOL!
    AK47 guy huh? With that lineup how many AKs do you own?
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by free View Post
    Did you use a brick to get it?

(Lackawanna County)

I have several. All purpose built. Designed to do one thing well and a couple for shit hit the fan. I even built one for my wife that weighs four pounds flat and have one in 22 for my daughter. I don’t even know how many I have at this point. 11 or 12 I think with three more lowers hanging out.

Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast