Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default I don't own an AR. Am I alone?

I have nothing against the AR platform. It is actually pretty cool. But the flooded market of aftermarket parts is just too much for me to wade through and scares me off.

There are a ton of manufacturers. Some better than others. Price points all over. And subtle differences in makes and models. Again, it seems like sensory overload for me.

I'm not saying never. But for now it just seems so much easier (I'm already incredibly indecisive) not to get bogged down with all of the accessories. My wallet of course thanks me too.

Just wondering how many other people don't own an AR.

-Zach

(Carbon County)

Default Re: I don't own an AR. Am I alone?

I dont have one either

I have 2 rifles and a pistol
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 ...........

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Why worry about all of the accessories? You can buy a basic AR like a S&W M&P Sport and enjoy it for what it is, without buying anything else. After you get to know the gun, you'll have a better idea of what you might want to swap out or add on.

BTW, I have four. It's hard to stop at one.

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Why worry about all of the accessories? You can buy a basic AR like a S&W M&P Sport and enjoy it for what it is, without buying anything else. After you get to know the gun, you'll have a better idea of what you might want to swap out or add on.

What he said.

Lower receivers are so cheap at this point, it'd be good to pick up a few and hold onto them. I got a stag arms blemished lower receiver for $50 transferred, and an aero precision blemished upper for $35 last year. It's addicting, they are like Pringles. Build one and you cannot stop

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    I have nothing against the AR platform. It is actually pretty cool. But the flooded market of aftermarket parts is just too much for me to wade through and scares me off.

There are a ton of manufacturers. Some better than others. Price points all over. And subtle differences in makes and models. Again, it seems like sensory overload for me.

I'm not saying never. But for now it just seems so much easier (I'm already incredibly indecisive) not to get bogged down with all of the accessories. My wallet of course thanks me too.

-Zach
    I have none either and feel the same way that you do. IF I was going to buy one I would do as scruff suggested and buy a Ruger, S&W, Colt, etc. I do, however, have H&K in .308 and 9mm.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post

One of the two that I have is a Sport and it is still bone stock nearly three years after bringing it home.The other is a Bushmaster,also bone stock.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Chester County)

Have two handguns, 22 rifle and pellet rifle for varmits. AR's intrigue me but would have to travel to shoot it as have nieghbors here in ChesCo. For further home defense I would lean towards a shotgun.

Oh so close to the Delaware River!, New Jersey

Me neither. Maybe later. I just do not have the funds at the moment to invest in another caliber.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by zachomega View Post
    Don't own one. Don't want one. Don't need one. If you gave me one, I'd sell it and use the money for something I do want or need. Frankly, I don't want to "tinker" with a gun - I just want something is ready to shoot, and then shoot it when needed.

Nothing against the AR....it's just that I already have a different rifle that meets my current needs. I'm open to buying into the AR-ecosystem, should that change.

Page 1 of 24 1234511 ... LastLast