Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Buddy works for DHS in DC and found with lo0se rounds in backpack Advice for him?

My buddy is one of those people that if he didn't have bad luck he wouldn't have luck at all. He works in Washington, D.C. He has a top secret clearance, works for DHS and is in a lot of trouble. He had 6 rds of 357 mag in one of the pockets of his backpack which was picked up by the x-ray scanner he has to pass through going to work. He doesn't know how long they were there, but were not picked up until yesterday. This seems to be a layered kind of problem. He has to worry about prosecution by D,C., then some kind of punishment by DHS, and lastly some kind of administrative action by his contracting company. Since this just happened he is beyond stressing out, and I'm wondering if there is anything that could be suggested that he do to protect himself as much as possible.

This was an incredibly dumb thing to do, and he is fully cooperating with the authorities. Unfortunately, he will probably lose his job and clearance. if he doesn't I will be surprised. Any suggestion? All I can think of is for him to call the NRA and try to get an attorney recommendation.

Default Re: Buddy works for DHS in DC and found with lo0se rounds in backpack Advice for him

Does he own a .357 and are they his? Or is it possible that someone planted them in his backpack?
    Quote Originally Posted by GunLawyer001 View Post
    There is a place like that, but William Penn made sure to put a river between us and New Jersey, to keep out those hoplophobic riffraff.
    There is NO evidence of widespread journalistic integrity.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Buddy works for DHS in DC and found with lo0se rounds in backpack Advice for him

He owns a 357 and he knows on one planted them. He's honest to a fault and in cooperating he admitted they were his.

(Lancaster County)

Have him declare the David Gregory defense, he had no intent to break any law.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Monroe County)

Since these ass hats can't catch actual bad guys they make their own, in a perfect world the screener would of said "ASSHOLE" go to your car and clean you bag and bring me a coffee or your in deep shit. In this day and age they will slam honest mistakes at every opportunity.

(Bucks County)

i had to look that up. I remember that one. If he works with an attorney I'll pass that to him

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by DennisH82 View Post
    Since these ass hats can't catch actual bad guys they make their own, in a perfect world the screener would of said "ASSHOLE" go to your car and clean you bag and bring me a coffee or your in deep shit. In this day and age they will slam honest mistakes at every opportunity.
    You and I can't agree more

(Philadelphia County)

^Agreed.
    Keep us updated on how this turns out.
    There are no pacts between lions and men.

(Centre County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Have him declare the David Gregory defense, he had no intent to break any law.
    thought that was the hilliary defense???
    Let's go Brandon!!!

His defense would be "I don't have an X-ray machine or metal detector at home, so I had no idea they were there."

Plus, he didn't have a gun with him, but if local statutes forbid any ammo, that's not a good defense.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast