Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Buddy works for DHS in DC and found with lo0se rounds in backpack Advice for him

Very unfortunate.

(Beaver County)

Default Re: Buddy works for DHS in DC and found with lo0se rounds in backpack Advice for him

"loose rounds are a crime", think about that for a while.

Then say "I live in a free country", and try not to laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by gdc View Post
    Damn are you kidding me. this monday starts a two week work marathon for me in n.j.
    ill be going thru every nook and cranny in my truck. taking out anything gun related. not a good way to live.
    Don't get me started, I have to go to NJ every other week. The amount of time I spend "sanitizing" my car before each trip is not even funny.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Obviously the screener is the bigger asshole....just following orders ya know.
    Not sure if you are being sarcastic, but times have changed. If they are running an Integrity Check on the screener/check points, I can't see them sticking their neck out and risking their position.
    Last edited by Carson; October 23rd, 2017 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Missed word

Quote Originally Posted by PocketProtector View Post
    Obviously the screener is the bigger asshole....just following orders ya know.
    Like it or not the screener is just doing his job. Once he finds the prohibited item it's a one way road with no reverse option. The screener is now on camera and in direct observation of other screeners with your ammo, knife, whatever they found. An "oh shit" moment on a travelers part is no justification for the screener to look the other way and risk their own prosecution and loss of job.

So true Matrosov, I can imagine

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by MT1 View Post
    Like it or not the screener is just doing his job. Once he finds the prohibited item it's a one way road with no reverse option. The screener is now on camera and in direct observation of other screeners with your ammo, knife, whatever they found. An "oh shit" moment on a travelers part is no justification for the screener to look the other way and risk their own prosecution and loss of job.
    You never heard of "street justice".

North Carolina, formerly from PA, North Carolina

Quote Originally Posted by john9001 View Post
    "loose rounds are a crime", think about that for a while.

Then say "I live in a free country", and try not to laugh.
    Isn't that the depressing truth?

I, too, go to DC for work occasionally. I make extra effort to search my trunk for loose rounds of ammo and empty casings on a regular basis. It's utterly preposterous to have to go to these ridiculous lengths to protect yourself, but that's how it is.

I hope the OP's friend somehow gets through this without being convicted or losing his job. But let his predicament be a warning to others. Let's hope he got a lawyer pronto.

(Bucks County)

"...but that's how it is."

Hey fellas- did it ever occur to you that the reason we have these asinine laws is because we (collectively) keep voting the same lying morons into office?
    Sounds to me like we are getting exactly what we deserve.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by cdi View Post
    "...but that's how it is."

Hey fellas- did it ever occur to you that the reason we have these asinine laws is because we (collectively) keep voting the same lying morons into office?
    Sounds to me like we are getting exactly what we deserve.
    Well, as Tonto said to The Lone Ranger, when they were surrounded by Indians.......what you mean we........

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast