Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Feedback on US LawShield

Any of you all taken the course they offer in use of force? If so, any feedback you might give me, I'd appreciate it. Thinkin' about whether or not it's worth it for me to drive to them.

TIA

TB605

Default Re: Feedback on US LawShield

Answered my own question. A little bit of internet searching discloses this about TX LawShield. Parent company of US LawShield????

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/texa...ction-lawsuit/

(Berks County)

I have been to a couple of their seminars. I am not knowledgeable of all the laws so I can't really say whether or not their program is beneficial but I FEEL like it was. If their info is accurate it is, if it's not then it's not. They teach that just because someone is in your home is not legal cause to shoot them, there must be a fear for one's life. I always felt that if you were in my home without an invitation you were fair game for target practice. They also preach, "Shut up and lawyer up", which is, undoubtedly, good advice. For $10.00 you can sit through one and judge for yourself, it's not a bank breaking fee. As that article you linked to reports...they do push their 'prepaid legal' aspect of membership and they do seem to garner a lot of members touting it. Something stopped me from buying in, now I'm glad that I didn't. They hold those seminars all around me and they advertise a different subject for each one. But after attending two of them I conclude that they are redundant and only one is necessary.
    Gender confusion is a mental illness

thanks for your reply, Sir. I got turned off to them when I read that they push their insurance. CCW insurance sure seems like all the rage today. Take care

TB605

I can't be sure if it's the case at all their seminars, but the ones of theirs I went to (which were $5 normally, free for me as my range was sponsoring it, and frankly they weren't exactly being door nazis about people paying so you could have "snuck" in) I knew long before they would be putting on the sales hat for their product. Disclosure: I signed up for it as I've stated before due to specific facts surrounding NJ's laws and their coverage was expanded to handle those facts.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by TangoBravo605 View Post
    Answered my own question. A little bit of internet searching discloses this about TX LawShield. Parent company of US LawShield????

http://www.thetrace.org/2015/08/texa...ction-lawsuit/
    Take notice the trace is anti-gun thus would be expected to portray anything in the worst possible light.
    Illegitimus non carborundum est

I appreciate your head's up. I did not know that.

TB605

(Venango County)

I went to one. Their seminar was fairly accurate. There was only one speaker, a cop, who went a little off the mark but he was speaking from 'experience' not law.

It is good basic information. If you lurk here, like to ask questions and look up statutes etc. then you will be far ahead of the game. Great for newbies with a LTCF.

I don't think they keep it a secret about offering their insurance and it was at the end so...no biggie in my book. It is not like 'winning' a free trip or cruise where, if you are lucky, there is tiny print saying you have to attend so many seminars for so many days or hours etc.

Did not take any other seminars or courses so don't know how they are. Only the basic self defense / deadly force one. They give you a nice booklet. A range, club or store can sponsor them and that is usually free but they only have so much material. They try to get a sign-up sheet going so they have an idea.

ETA = I haven't taken his but someday want to: Gunlawyer001 offers a speech or instruction about self defense. I took the Lawshield one because my employer sponsored them.
    Last edited by TaePo; October 22nd, 2017 at 02:08 PM.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch