Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Felons and Guns

Default Re: Felons and Guns

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Why aren't you on the phone with the police right now reporting it. So many times after a shooting and it's revealed that people knew the shooter had mental issues and owned a gun someone says "why didn't someone say something?" You know he's a felon and a thief, you know he's in possession of a firearm and he's been held on a psych hold. Do something.
    I'm 330+ miles away, and I have it as 3rd (4th? 5th even?) hand news. I don't even know the fucker's last name. There's family right there that need to make the calls. I'm applying pressure to them right now to get their heads out of their asses.
    Last edited by sota; October 18th, 2017 at 10:14 AM. Reason: speelins

Gordon Liddy, who served time for federal offenses related to Watergate, wrote in his book that he is a prohibited person, and his wife's gun collection is still in his home (under 'lock and key').

I agree with the majority of sentiments. Martha Stewart and Dinesh D'Souza should not be prohibited persons.

(Jefferson County)

Quote Originally Posted by American1776 View Post
    Gordon Liddy, who served time for federal offenses related to Watergate, wrote in his book that he is a prohibited person, and his wife's gun collection is still in his home (under 'lock and key').

I agree with the majority of sentiments. Martha Stewart and Dinesh D'Souza should not be prohibited persons.
    I don't believe Martha is prohibited because certain white-collar offenses are specifically excluded from the GCA'68 prohibitors.
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    I don't believe Martha is prohibited because certain white-collar offenses are specifically excluded from the GCA'68 prohibitors.
    Martha went orange because she lied to the FBI, not for insider trading. I don't believe that insider trading would be exempt anyway.

Not sure about Dinesh, if what they got him for was just the election funding crap. That looks more like the white collar stuff, but the courts have been pretty unwilling to extend that exemption beyond anti-trust and such.
    Attorney Phil Kline, AKA gunlawyer001@gmail.com
    Ce sac n'est pas un jouet.

(Susquehanna County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    On the other hand, I know of a felon who recently stole his GFs paycheck and bought what i'm assuming is an illegal hand gun. She had him taken on a 5 day psych hold (he's a bit fucked up, to say the least.) I'd like to know how I could drop a dime and have his ass tossed in jail for felony possession of a firearm. Would go a long way to solving some serious problems there.
    With how crazy NJ is about firearms I would think a call to local or State Police would have that situation taken care of
    Retired US Army
    NRA Life Member, GOA, USCCA
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for Natural Stupidity"

Quote Originally Posted by Parrisk View Post
    With how crazy NJ is about firearms I would think a call to local or State Police would have that situation taken care of
    it's in western PA.

(Beaver County)

In the "old" days when a criminal served their sentence they had "paid their debt to society", and were considered free.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    On the other hand, I know of a felon who recently stole his GFs paycheck and bought what i'm assuming is an illegal hand gun. She had him taken on a 5 day psych hold (he's a bit fucked up, to say the least.) I'd like to know how I could drop a dime and have his ass tossed in jail for felony possession of a firearm. Would go a long way to solving some serious problems there.
    I think the whole point is that the term 'felon' is too broad. There are folks that many would trust with a gun, and folks like you outline here... all "felons"...

Plus what Streaker69 said.
    DGAF

(Bucks County)

I'm betting there are some VERY significant details left out of the op.
    You should probably be prohibited just based on the callous indifference you showed butchering the English language in your opener.
    Crusader's local #556 South Central Asia chapter

(York County)

So srry grammar to those who wnt 2 pik apart my grammar. I used my fone 2 write it. Get over it. GFY

I was charged with felony theft. Essentially for "stealing" their business. You know as well as I do that the DA has the authority to charge for a crime whether or not it makes sence. It was my piss poor lawyers job to defend me. Obviosly he did not do a great job, and more to the point the large company that I worked for must have some pull with the DA. The details left in OP are accurate sadly.

To those who thought "threatened thier business" meant by gunpoint or something crazy, read it again... I am not a violent offender.

The point of this post was not an English lesson, but rather to address the issue that many face in the USA. A right should not be able to be revoked. Yes, my driving "privilege" can be taken away (even though I feel that I have the right to travel in my own auto), or my "white privilege" card may be suspended, but not my right to bear arms. So much goes on in our government without so much as a vote. What can we do to change this as citizens? Like any change (except those changes that benefit the feds pockets) they will drag it on and make it near impossible, but there must be a way....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast